Melody - Interesting plane journey

I don't know where I think of these ideas. They just happen

Melody POV

School just finished for the day. I don't know whether to be happy about that or not. When I'm in school I want to be at home because of all the bullies I have to endure but when I'm at home I want to be in school because my mum and her boyfriend hurt me. I haven't got a place to go to where I feel safe. Everyday my mum leaves me with a list of jobs to do and if I don't get them all done by the time she's home she hurts me even more than she normally would.

I have to cook dinner for her and mark every night as well but today I can't, there isn't any food for me to cook. She's going to kill me.

When I hear the front door unlock my legs start to shake beneath me.

"MELODY" she screams

"WHY CANT I SMELL FOOD COOKING?"

She walks towards me where I'm stood in the kitchen, mark only two steps behind her glaring at me.

"There wasn't any food" I stuttered

They both laugh at me

"Then why didn't you go buy some?"

"I don't have money" I said, I heard my voice crack at the end

"Oh so you want money off us now. Is it not enough that we give you a house to live in?" Mark sneered

"I'm sorry"

"Well don't be. We were talking and we've both finally had enough of you. We want you gone for good. We have got you a plane ticket and we want you on that plane tonight. We don't care where you go afterwards" my mum spat at me.

I didn't know what to think.

"You have ten minutes to grab a bag of stuff then mark is taking you the airport" she explained

"But mummy, where will I go?" I cried

"Don't call me mummy you pathetic little girl. I'm not your mum, I don't want anything to do with you" she screamed before her hand collided with my face.

I turned and ran upstairs. I looked around my bare room and realised I had nothing to take with me really.

I grabbed my backpack and put my staying strong book by Demi lovato in it. I had saved up for ages to buy it. I picked up my mums old iPod she had given me when she was drunk and put my spare change of clothes in my bag. Yes I only have two outfits. I wash them both everyday, there's another reason for the kids at school to bully me. I opened the top draw next to my bed and took out my blades. Yes I'm 12 and cut but do you blame me with these parents. They also went in my bag. Last but not least I picked up my one friend off my bed. My teddy bear. Don't judge me but he's the only thing I have that makes me feel safe.

"MELODY. WE'RE GOING" mark yelled

I walked downstairs with tears flowing down my face. I don't think I was sad to be leaving my mum and mark I was just scared about what was going to happen.

"Bye mum" I said quietly

She didn't even look up from the magazine she was reading. Mark grabbed me by the shoulder and dragged me out to the car. He threw me in the front seat before going round and getting in the other side.

He handed me my ticked and passport before driving off. I looked at the ticket and it said I was going to LA. I lived in Vegas so it wasn't a long flight but I was still terrified I've only flown once and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

"I'm going to miss you a little bit melody" mark said, braking the silence.

I didn't reply

"I'm going to miss our special time together when your mum was away, you were always so good" he sneered