Demi's other sister (four)

Another Jessie and Demi one-shot

Demi POV

"SURPRISE"

I had just walked into my moms house with Wilmer when all my family and friends jumped out and screamed surprise. I had absolutely no idea they were throwing me a birthday party, Wilmer did very well keeping that one quiet.

I looked around with a huge grin on my face at the sight of all my closest friends and family. I saw Maddie talking to Aris and Braeden our cousins and Marissa and Matthew were here as well.

My eyes scanned the room and my smile fell a little at the sight of my youngest baby sister Jessie. I couldn't see her face, she had it buried in my moms stomach and her hands were covering her ears. My mom had an arm round her but was talking to her friend Lorna.

I honestly thought Jessie's social anxiety would be getting better by now but she didn't seem to be improving. The loud cheers and shouting upon my arrival must have freaked her out a little.

It was so nice to be home. I'd been away working in NewYork and hadn't seen my sisters in what felt like forever. Wilmer went off to talk to Marissa and Matthew while I made my way towards Jessie. As her head was hidden and facing away from everyone she didn't see me approaching.

I gave my mom a quick side hug and kiss before crouching down to Jessie's height.

"Hey there baby girl" I said softly as I placed my hand on her back.

Slowly but surely she lifted her head and turned to face me. When she realised it was me she smiled and threw her arms around me. If she wasn't so small she would have knocked me over.

"Demi" she happily said.

I stood back up with her in my arms and spun us both around. I could here and see people taking photos of us but I didn't care. All of my attention was on my little sister.

When we both calmed down I made my way outside with her into the garden. There were more people here than I originally thought but I managed to find me and Jess a space on the lawn to sit down. I pulled her in between my legs and wrapped my arms around her tiny waist.

"I missed you" she said breaking our comfortable silence

"I missed you more baby girl" I sighed. I wish I could spend more time with her. I might even be able to help her, each time I visit she seems to be getting worse.

"What happened before Jessie. Why were you clinging onto mom?"

"It was too loud. There was too many people waiting for you" she admitted.

I turned her round so she was facing me. We both sat with our legs crossed and held each other's hands.

"Everybody here is part of our family Jessie. Even if our friends aren't blood they are part of our family unit. Nobody here will hurt you, you're safe" I explained

"It doesn't feel that way" she sighed, looking down at our connected hands

I moved a hand and placed a finger under her chin. I lifted her head up so our eyes met.

"I want you to try and relax today Jess. Everybody here loves you and just wants to celebrate. If you're really struggling you know that me, mom, dad and Dallas will be there to help"

"You promise you'll be there"

"I promise"

She smiled at me and opened her arms for a hug.

I held her tight and kissed her head.

"Look Jessie. Maddie's on the trampoline with the others. Why don't you go and join them" I said enthusiastically