Chapter Five: Chrone

-=Evan=-

BEEP BEEP BEEP. The dreadful sound filled my ears. I slammed my fist onto my phone, making it silence. I rolled over, grabbing my head with both paws. A killer headache blossomed in my skull. Great. After a few seconds I sat myself up, feeling the sheet under me with my paw as I propped myself up. It was soaked with sweat. Sighing, I stood up and pulled it off of my bed, throwing the crimson sheets into the pile accumulating in the corner of my room. I have to do laundry soon. I mentally noted as I walked over to my dresser. I looked down at my phone as I pulled out clothes at random, not really caring how I would look today. I checked my notifications, seeing that I had a message from Jason.

Jason: Meet up at the food court for breakfast, it's Brandon's birthday tomorrow and we are planning a party.

I put my phone down on the stained wood. Good. I didn't want to cook anyways. After I had finished getting ready, I grabbed my bag and keys and walked out of my dorm. About ten minutes later I was parking my car just in front of the glass double doors to the food court. As I walked inside I looked around, spotting the gang at the usual table. I walked over to them with my ears back and tail between my legs, pulling out a metal chair beside Jason. Simple chatter followed, just about some surprise party and how we were going to lure Brandon to a fancy Italian restaurant.

"So everyone dress formal...Evan? Evan? Earth to Evan!" Alyssa almost yelled, waving a hand in front of my face. I realized that I had my head pressed down into my arms on the table. I reluctantly pulled my head up.

"Yeah?" I asked, my voice wavering.

"Are you all right?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah." I replied flatly, staring down at the table.

"No you're not, I can tell. What's got you in a rump?" She asked, bringing her head closer to mine by a few centimeters.

"Trust me, I'm fine." I said, teeth clenched. Not out of anger, but I felt ready to pop.

"Evan." She said, looking me dead in the eyes.

"I said I'm fine okay?! Just leave me alone!" I yelled as I ran to the exit, ignoring the scene I was creating. I ran down the sidewalk, without a destination in mind. Eventually I came to a bench, overlooking a grassy hill. I sat down, pressing my face into my paws and let the tears flow freely. After a few minutes I heard light footsteps coming towards me. I looked up to see Jason, who proceeded to sit next to me. He placed a hand on my back, looking worried. I put my head back down, sniffling.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked with caution.

"I don't know..." I trailed off, bringing my head back up to the sunlight.

"It might help you know. Plus, it's only me." He advised.

"I-I just...don't...I had sex with him. Alex." I blurted out.

"Well I don't see how that is anything to cry about." Jason said with a small half-smile forming on his lips.

"And he isn't gay. We were drunk, and...I...I don't know what happened." I finished. Burying my head again, covering my eyes.

"Oh..."

"He has a girlfriend." I added in defeat.