Chapter Twenty Four: My Girl

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Looking for a really great read? Go and support and their book Out Loud.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Jason=-

Alex was really starting to get on my nerves. He was just being rude, and I was starting to see that it was impacting Evan as well. Over the past few days he wasn't really...here. I mean, he was here, but not really. We were all sitting there on the couch, taking turns playing video games with each other. But one of us wasn't, and guess who, it was Alex. He instead was at one end of the couch, tilting his phone slightly away from everyone and doing what I can only assume was texting someone. Evan sat next to him, of course, but he didn't look all too happy to be ignored by his boyfriend, which pissed me off even further. I love Evan, he's like a little brother to me, so it only makes sense that I would be upset about something if he is also.

"Hey Evan, can I talk to you about something?" I requested, handing my controller over to Alyssa so she could finish my match for me. He looked away from the TV screen and over to me, his arms folded against his chest.

"Um yeah, sure." He replied, standing up to follow me down the infamous hallway. I led him over to the closet and pulled him inside, closing the door behind us. I then reached up and grabbed the drawstring to the light bulb and gave it a little tug, flooding the small closet with illumination.

"You aren't gonna rape me, are you?" Evan joked.

"Har har. No I wanted to talk to you about Alex." I said, whispering.

"Oh, him." He said, his ears drooping at the sound of his name.

"What's up with him?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I have no idea." Evan answered. "He's just been acting so distant lately and I have no idea why. All he does is sit on his phone now doing God knows what all of the time." He said, struggling to keep his voice at a whisper as to not draw anyone's attention.

"Okay then, I was hoping you'd know because I think everyone else has noticed his lack of...presence lately. I guess that we will just have to do a little more digging to see what's up." Because this is worrying me. I wanted to add, but I also didn't want to concern Evan any more than he needed to be so I didn't say it. "Well never mind then, let's head back out there before people start to think of stuff." I said. Evan laughed a bit, turned out the light, and we both headed back out of the hallway.

"I came out of the closet!!" Evan yelled into the apartment. I burst out laughing.

"I always knew you were gay!" Amy yelled from the living room, continuing the joke. Still laughing, we both walked back in, only to see...and hear the most amazing sight possible. At least it was by my eyes. Alyssa was leaning forward, staring intently at the television monitor. She was wearing Evan's headset and was screaming into the microphone at the other people.

"You know, it would be nice every once in a while to have a good fucking team! Stop running in there!! FUCK!!!" She yelled as she got shot. The match ended with their team losing by one kill. When the scoreboard came up though, I saw that Alyssa was running 57 kills and 3 deaths, while the rest of her team were going with scores such as 6 and 11.

"God damn, I never knew you knew how to play." I said in awe, sitting next to Alyssa and leaning into her to calm her down from her match.

"Well you never ask me to play with you, so why would I tell you." She retorted, smirking a bit.

"Well played." I acknowledged. "Literally. Hey where's Rob?" I asked, noticing his absence from the room.

"Rob? Oh he jumped ship while you and Evan were 'talking.'" I rolled my eyes at Summer's statement.