Chapter Nine: Yes and No

-=Alex=-

I woke up around what seemed to be around noon. It took me a few seconds to realize that there was a sleeping figure next to me. Evan. He was curled up with his head nestled in the fur of my bare chest. His ribs slowly rising and falling with small, quite frankly cute snores. His smaller body type complimenting and fitting to mine perfectly. Oh how I wish that we could stay like this forever. But! Things to do, places to be. Maybe five more minutes though. I closed my eyes again, resting my chin against the top of Evan's head. I smiled, everything was perfect. That was until a loud wolf whistle came from the doorway.

My head bolted upright, looking at the door we left open. My room mate, Josh, leaned against it. Josh was a stag with gray fur and green eyes. I instantly leapt out of my bed, making Evan start to wake up. I pointed at Josh, giving hima death glare.

"Not. A. Word." I said through gritted teeth. He chuckled, seemingly amused by my attempt at intimidation.

"Hey man, I don't care. You do you." He said, rasing his hooves and walking back to his room.

"Who was that?" Evan said from behind me. I turned around to see that he was now sitting, propping himself up with his paws.

"Oh, he's Josh, my room mate. I have to get ready, my first class is in an hour." I replied, starting to pull out clean clothes from my closet.

"I suppose I should go back to my place and get ready too." He said, pulling on his shoes. The thought of him leaving pained me, but he was right. We needed to go to class. Even though he tried to hide it, I could tell Evan was happy, which made me happy. His tail was wagging furiously as he was grabbing his phone, and without any intention, mine subconciously sped up to meet the same pace.

"Hey Ev, catch you later?" I asked hopefully, also throwing in some puppy eyes for added effect.

"Yeah sure, I'll text you later." He replied, starting to walk towards the door. "Also...c'mere." He said quickly, looking a bit nervous. I took a few strides over to where he was standing, looking down slightly to meet his gaze. I saw him rise up onto the fronts of his paws, throwing his arms around my neck, and he kissed me. Not a quick one, not a lustful one, but a passionate one. Then the thought hit me as we pulled away.

"Oh my God, Evan." He cocked his head to the side a little in a questioning manner. "I forgot to ask, will you...you know..." I couldn't see it, but I knew I must've been blushing. "Will you go out with me?" I finally choked out. He looked at me akwardly for a second, then started laughing. I looked at him confusingly. "Will you?" I asked again. He grinned at me.

"Well duh."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Robert=-

Those motherfuckers. Damned faggots got me fined, as if I didn't have other things to spend my money on. Just the thought of them made me sick. How could anyone think that is okay? Two men...together?! It just isn't right. Then there's their fucking friends. Anyone who associates with a fag is as bad as one. I'm not worried though, they'll all pay. All of them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Jason=-

I was in the middle of a stats class. Also known as complete hell. The sheep proffessor just droned on, reviewing formulas and what situations to use what. Like, when the hell am I ever going to have the need to know the exact way to calculate a forest fire? I'm trying to be a fucking cop! I silently smashed my head into the small wooden desk that was built off of my chair. In the midst of about a hundred other students, each and every one of them looking like they would rather be anywhere else. I looked down at my phone, sighing. Thirty minutes left.

After the clock ticked 12:30, and everyone has finally shuffled out of the lecture hall, I was free. And starving. I started my walk to my car, maybe I'd stop by my dorm and grab some food before my next class, which was forensics, so that would be fun. As I neared the parking lot, I saw three bulky shapes leaning under an oak tree. Chrone. I rolled my eyes and sped up my pace. I heard what they did to Alex, and that's fucked up. Just when I thought I was in the clear, a snide voice called out from behind me.

"Not so fast bird shit." Rob's voice said as he pushed up from the tree trunk, his two cronies following suit as he walked behind me. I didn't acknowledge his presence, thinking that they'd just leave me alone. I was wrong. "Where the hell are you off to in such a hurry? Time to go hang out with those excuses of life you call friends? You know, the fags."

"Fuck. Off." I said, still not looking over at him and pulling my car keys out of my pocket and unlocking my doors. Ten more steps. Nine...eight...seven.

"The hell you just say to me?!" He said in an attempt to be intimidating, pushing my shoulder. Nope. I can take all of the insults in the world, but you touch me...fuck no. I whipped my whole body around to face him, not showing any signs of being scared of him at all.

"I said you can go fuck off now! Mess with me or my friends, I dare you. It'll be the last thing you ever do." Now it was my turn to make the threats, and I'm not going to lie, I felt a bit powerful as I said it. He looked like he was ready to explode. I wasn't scared though, I had something up my sleeve for when everything goes south. Something that would either work well or get me killed. I saw him pull back his fist in a blur, about to bullet punch me. I quickly sidestepped and pulled the slender metal handle from my pocket, flicking the little notch on the side to reveal a seven-inch blade, freshly sharpened. I carried this everywhere, specifically for moments like this. He quickly retracted, the metal casting a beam of reflected sunlight onto his face. For the first time in probably ever, there was fear in his eyes. He was always used to being the one on the dealing end and not the receiving. "Fuck. Off." And with that I got into my car and locked the doors, ignoring the seatbelt as I sped off down the road, away from the shocked face of Rob Chrone.