{ 1.} First Day Back

C h a p t e r  1FIRST DAY BACK

C h a p t e r  1
FIRST DAY BACK

TULIP HENDERSON TOOK in her appearance with analyzing eyes, turning sideways in her body length mirror to brush down the edges of her dress

TULIP HENDERSON TOOK in her appearance with analyzing eyes, turning sideways in her body length mirror to brush down the edges of her dress. She wanted to look nothing short of perfect today.

"Seriously?" She groaned, patting down the unattractive frizz of her hair as she tried to keep her curly braid in place.

She had pinned it to her head with a few stray pieces of hair to frame her face. She needed everything to look amazing for her first day of school.

"You look pretty," a voice spoke from behind her.

Tulip turned her head, seeing Dustin giving her a small nod. She turned back towards her mirror, "I think I gained weight over the summer," she worried.

Dustin rolled his eyes, walking into her room, sitting on the edge of her bed, "Trust me, Tulip, you didn't," he reassured her.

She pursed her lips before brushing her curly hair out of her eyes, "Thanks, Dusty," she breathed out, "you ready to go?"

Dustin groaned, "I don't wanna go to school," he cried dramatically, flopping over his sister's remade bed.

Tulip rolled her eyes, "Neither do I, okay? Listen, how about you and me make it through the first day of school and I'll take you to the diner and we can eat whatever we want tonight?"

Dustin perked up, pushing himself from his sister's bed, "Milkshakes included?"

Tulip gave her brother an obvious look as she grabbed her satchel, "What else would we get?" She scoffed, "Water?"

Dustin laughed at Tulip's grossed out face. He knew his sister despised water, stating it was far too bland for her "exquisite" taste buds... meaning she'd much rather drink carbonated sugar than anything else.

"Now, get out of my room," Tulip told him, shooing him to the door.

Dustin made his way out of Tulip's room, letting her shut the door before they both kissed their mother goodbye.