{ 2. } Babe Alert

CHAPTER TWOBABE ALERT

CHAPTER TWO
BABE ALERT

TWO WEEKS UNTIL DUSTIN'S RETURN

"YO, GUYS, LOOK, LOOK!" A Hawkin's Sophomore practically drooled as he slapped his friends frantically. "She's finally back from break.

His other friends turned their heads abruptly, trying to find the girl of their dreams so they could watch her assume her rightful position at the top of her lifeguard tower in all her babe-like glory.

"Holy—" they gasped as they watched Tulip Henderson strut from the girl's locker room, her brilliant smile taking away from the shining sun as she greeted everyone.

She seemed so full of life and beauty...

"Oh, my God I can't wait till my shifts over," Tulip grumbled to herself, dropping her smile as she passed a group of underclassmen boys, choosing to give them a small wave of acknowledgement when she caught their stares.

Every single day, same time, same place. Tulip wanted to laugh. Just like the moms to Billy...

Tulip glanced in the direction of the pack of moms and shivered, Gross. Never use that simile again. Like, ever again.

"Lookin' good, Henderson!" Billy teased from his spot across the pool from Tulip's own lifeguard tower. "Have you been working out lately?"

The women fawning over Billy immediately turned to glare at Tulip, upset she'd somehow gotten the attention of such a man when they were the ones deserving of it.

The high school boys sighed in defeat, envious of Billy Hargrove and his ability to charm the pants right off any girl who even looked at him.

Tulip rolled her eyes, she'd been working as a lifeguard for over a month and the asshole still couldn't take a hint, "Oh, shut up, Billy!" she called, groaning as she looked up at her high chair that gazed over the pool.