{ 6.} Junkyard Dogs

C h a p t e r  6JUNKYARD DOGS

C h a p t e r 6
JUNKYARD DOGS

"OKAY, NOW I know this mission involved, you know, action, but I didn't know it entailed so much cardio," Tulip complained, feet throbbing painfully as they walked on what she could only assume was their twenty-something mile

"We're literally just walking, Tulip," Dustin told his sister. "How the hell was I the one gifted with the athleticism, but you're the one that looks it."

Steve and Tulip both looked to Dustin and Tulip gave his brother an odd look, "Gifted wth athleti— are you forgetting who's Captain of the soccer team?"

"The rec league soccer team," Dustin corrected. "When you were ten."

"Hey, I still play!" Tulip huffed. "I've been on the high school team for three years!"

"If that's what you wanna call sitting on the bench all season," Dustin scoffed out.

"I told you, I sprained my ankle!"

Steve looked to Tulip and he found a soft smile sliding onto his lips as he watched Tulip defend her soccer honor. He didn't know she used to play soccer, and he couldn't say it wasn't attractive knowing that she did play a sport. He had to admit, sports was one of the things Nancy didn't share his interest in.

He found himself wondering if Tulip would ever come to one of his basketball games to actually watch the game and not necessarily him be in the game.

"Okay, whatever, we're here," Dustin announced.

The trio stood atop a hill that looked over the entire junkyard. The clear blue sky laid above them and the sun lit the vacant lot perfectly, showing the ins and outs of the place just the way they needed it to.

"Oh, yeah," Steve nodded. "Yeah, this will do", he said, taking off his sunglasses. "This will do just fine. Good call, dude," he told the younger Henderson, continuing down the slight slope as he slipped his shades back on.