{ 8.} Close Calls

C h a p t e r  8CLOSE CALLS

C h a p t e r  8
CLOSE CALLS

"HEY, TULIP, COME on," Steve groaned

"HEY, TULIP, COME on," Steve groaned. "I said I was sorry."

The two teens were currently trailing behind the kids, deciding to switch positions due to them wanting to keep the younger part of the group in their sights. Tulip hadn't paid much attention to Steve, much to his dismay, she had decided it was her turn to act like she didn't care. Though she could honestly say that Steve's constant pestering was actually quite funny... and, maybe, a little sweet.

"And I said it was fine," Tulip told him, not even sparing a glance his way as she continued following the kids. "All's forgiven in the world of Tuley Henderson."

Steve wanted to groan again, he was beyond annoyed with Tulip's attitude. He just wanted her to talk to him or something. It was boring following the kids a they talked to each other, even more boring when he couldn't talk to the one person there that was actually his age.

"I think we're almost there!" Lucas called back to the two.

The kids all shared amused looks, they could tell Steve was getting more and more annoyed with Tulip, though her attitude was justified. Even Max was annoyed at Steve's comment, she believed Tulip was making a good decision ignoring him. Plus, it was funny watching the older boy squirm.

"Awesome," Tulip gave Lucas a thumbs up. "Be prepared for anything, you guys. We don't know what could be waiting for us."

Steve nodded in agreement, "Yeah, stick close and no one wander. We can't afford anyone getting lost."

Tulip nodded along with Steve, "Yeah, wouldn't want anyone being an inconvenience now would we?"

"Ooh," the kids giggled at the jab, glancing back again to look at Steve.