{ 2.} The Halloween Bash

C h a p t e r  2THE HALLOWEEN BASH

C h a p t e r  2
THE HALLOWEEN BASH

C h a p t e r  2THE HALLOWEEN BASH

"OH! I WANT to see those pearls. Yeah!" Mrs. Henderson cheered loudly, snapping picture after picture of her youngest child.

Dustin aimed his ghost blaster at the camera and Tulip laughed at the goofy smile he had aimed at the camera. She was sure she had never met anyone as weird as her little brother.

Mews meowed loudly as Tulip held him close to her with a happy grin. Her's and Dustin's mother practically bounced on her toes as she went about her photoshoot, "Who you gonna call?" The woman sang.

"Fashion police!" Tulip cheered teasingly, squealing when her brother began chasing her around the house, swatting her with his ghost blaster-thingy. She didn't know what it was called.

"Dustin! I'm carrying Mews!" Tulip cried as the cat howled in her arms as he was thrown around from her running.

"Then put him down!"

Tulip refused, holding Mews tighter, squishing him against her as she tried to evade Dustin's strikes.

"You two stop running around and come take a picture together!" Their mother yelled. "I wanna put this in the scrap book!"

Tulip groaned and Dustin grinned, knowing how much his sister hated taking pictures. The two siblings made their way back into the living room, Dustin already in his set pose.

"Pose, Tulip!" Her mother said. "I only have so much film and I will not be wasting it on bad photos."

Tulip sighed as she let Mews jump from her grasp, breaking out with her own imaginary blaster towards the camera, surprising both her mother and brother. Dustin grinned happily before his face quickly fell into a brooding stare. He strengthened his pose, giving the camera smoldering eyes.

"Ah, that is just adorable!" Mrs. Henderson cheered, quickly moving to take the priceless photo.

Tulip quickly straightened herself out, blowing at the tip of her imaginary blaster before sending a smirk to Dustin, "Loser," she mouthed, holding an 'L' on her forehead as she backed out of the living room, grabbing her bag before leaving the house.