Chapter 8

-Elizabeth’s POV-

“WHAT!?!” Damon exploded, jumping off the couch. I cringed, then glared.

“I thought I said no interruptions.” I said.

“Yeah, well, we’ve already broken that rule, and I just had a bombshell dropped on me. You know Klaus!?!” he yelled, pacing back and forth. Stefan was just staring at me, like he couldn’t believe it.

“Not just know him, Brother. He’s the one who turned me.” I said, thinking back to when I first met Klaus.

*Flashback*

I was walking around town, my head down. I wasn’t crying, which was surprising since that is how I spent most of my time nowadays. I had my head down, so I didn’t have to see all the pitying looks from the rest of the people in town. The poor little orphan girl who had no family left. I couldn’t stand to see those looks, so I kept my head down. That’s why I didn’t see him until I ran into him.

“Uff.” I gasped as I ran into a strong wall of something. I would have fallen, if it hadn’t been for the arms that wrapped around my waist. Those arms sent a course of electricity through me, and I gasped, finally looking up. I stared into the bluest eyes I had seen since… Damon.

“Pardon me, Miss.” the man said. I looked him over. He had dark blonde hair, and was wearing a black suit, which fit him very well. He was by far the most handsome man I had ever seen. His arms were still around my waist, sending those strange currents through my body.

“The fault is all mine, Sir.” I stammered, flustered by the butterflies I had in the pit of my stomach. “I should have been watching where I was going.”

“It is quite alright, Miss.” he replied, letting go of my waist and taking a step back. “May I ask for your name?”

“Elizabeth. Elizabeth Salvatore.” I replied, regaining my composure. I smiled and held out my hand. “And yours?”

“Niklaus Mikaelson. But please, call me Klaus” he said, taking my hand and placing a kiss on the tops of it. The butterflies fluttered, and my heart skipped a beat. He smirked as if he could hear it.

“It is very nice to meet you, Klaus. What brings you to Mystic Falls?” I asked. He smiled.

“How do you know I just got here?” he challenged.

“I know practically everyone in town, and I have never seen you before, nor heard your name.” I retorted. “My father is one of the Founding members of this town.” He smirked.

“Ah. Well, actually, I am looking for somebody.” he said, looking around.

“And who might that be?” I asked.

“Katherine Pierce.” he responded, and the smile dropped from my face.

“Oh. She is no longer here.” I said. He looked at me, confused.

“Why do I get the feeling there is more to this story than that she just left?” he asked.

“I don’t know what you mean, but I should be going.” I said, turning around. “It was nice to meet you.” I said, walking away. But as soon as I reached the woods to walk to my house, he showed up in front of me. He grabbed my arm and looked into my eyes.

“Tell me the whole story about Katherine Pierce.” he said. I realized he was trying to compel me. I grabbed the stake hidden in my skirts and stabbed him, then turned and ran. A few minutes later, I was being shoved against a tree. I looked up into the very furious eyes of Klaus Mikaelson. I screamed, but he covered my mouth.

“Give me one good reason I shouldn’t kill you for that!” he whispered into my ear. My eyes went wide, and tears started forming.

“Go ahead.” I hissed, and he looked at me with surprise. “You would be doing me a favor.”

Instead of killing me, he took a step back.

“How did you resist my compulsion?” he asked. I showed him my necklace laced with vervain that my father had given my two weeks ago. He told me to never take it off, and even after his death, I never had. Who knew it would still come in handy...

“Ah… Vervain.” he said. “And why would you need vervain?” he asked. 

“It is a very long story, and one that I do not wish to share with a vampire.” I said, trying to break free of his hold. Annoyingly, the butterflies had returned when he had touched me.

He let me go, but gave me a warning look that said not to run.

“Well, seeing as you know about Katerina, I would assume she was here, and created a whole lot of mischief. But, you see, she is a very sneaky conniving thing, and I have been hunting her for a long time. So, if you tell me your story, I will tell you mine.” he said. I looked at him, and thought it over.

“Very well.” I said, and turned. “But not here. Let us go to my home, where it is more comfortable and private.” He smirked, and followed me.

-Later-

After we had exchanged stories, we both fell silent think about each others tales. I had just learned that he was the Original hybrid, and had attempted to use Katherine in a ritual, but she had betrayed him. He had learned all about Katherine’s escapades here, including those with my brothers, and the burning of all the vampires.

“I am sorry for your losses.” he said, finally breaking the silence. I shrugged.

“Thank you. But the ones I truly miss are my brothers.” I replied. Then I looked at him, and asked a question that had been bugging me.

“Why did you trust me with your whole life story?” I asked. “I sense you are telling the truth about all of this, but you could have easily lied. I just attempted to kill you, yet you followed me home and told me your life story. Why?” He sighed.

“I really don’t know.” he whispered. “I just…get this feeling that I can trust you.” My heart skipped a beat.

“Well, thank you for sharing it with me. Do you have a place to stay while you are in town?” He looked at me puzzled.

“No, but I don’t think I shall stay much longer.” he replied. “Katerina is not here, though I doubt she is dead… I must continue my hunt, and I need to continue to look for a way to break my curse.” My heart sank.

“Oh…” I whispered.

“…But, if you wish me to stay for awhile, I will.” He finally replied. I looked up, shocked.

“And why would you do that?” I asked.

“For you.” he replied, smirking. My heart skipped a beat, and then I smiled.

“Then you shall stay here for awhile.” I said, and got up.

*Flashback over*

A/N: I hoped you enjoyed that little flashback chapter. I think I will continue it on in the next chapter, and show how Klaus turns Elizabeth. As always, leave me a comment to let me know what you think.