Chapter 34

-Elizabeth's POV-

Klaus and I made our way to the freeway. Suddenly he stopped. I turned to him.

"What is it?"

"I smell vampire blood." he said. I stopped and smelled. I just could pick up a faint whiff of blood, but then again, he had better senses than me, being the Original Hybrid.

We ran in the direction of the smell, and stopped just before the trees broke. We saw a RV in a clearing and we could hear two voices inside. One I recognized as Jeremy, the other was an unknown male - presumably the hunter. They were arguing.

"Not all vampires are bad!" Jeremy yelled. The other man scoffed.

"Of course they are. They are monsters who need to be eradicated." the man said. Jeremy groaned and walked to the other side of the RV. Klaus signaled me to be quiet and we crept to the RV.

"I'll go for the hunter, you get the Gilbert boy." Klaus whispered, so low I could just hear it. I nodded. We burst through the door, and I bee-lined for Jeremy. I saw he was wearing his Gilbert ring.

"Will you come willingly?" I asked. He looked at me, shocked and confused. He shook his head.

"Then I'm sorry. This is for your own good." His eyes opened wide, but before he could move, I snapped his neck. He crumpled to the floor. I glanced over my shoulder to see Klaus strangling the hunter, knocking him out.

Once the hunter was unconscious, he lifted him over his shoulder. He glanced at me and Jeremy at my feet. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"He wouldn't come willingly." I shrugged. I picked up Jeremy and threw him over my shoulder.

"What would your brothers say?" he asked mockingly. I shot him a glare.

"Damon will be mad at first, but he'll get over it. Stefan - I really don't care..." I said, though I knew I kind of did care, even if I wouldn't admit it. Klaus nodded and we ran back to his house. When we got there, we went straight to the basement. There were literally dozens of empty cells down there. I cringed to think about what Klaus needed these for.

I took Jeremy into the first cell on the right, and laid him gently on the bed. I could hear Klaus in the room a few doors down across the hall, chaining the hunter up. I rolled me eyes, and walked out of Jeremy's cell, closing and locking the door behind me. I walked towards the cell Klaus was in, to see him stringing the hunter up like a pinata. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, leaning against the door frame.

"Is that really necessary?" I asked. Klaus looked at me and smirked.

"Just some precautions, sweetheart. We don't want him getting away. The goal is to make him uncomfortable, so he will answer my questions." he said. I shook my head and walked out, heading upstairs. I pulled out my cell and dialed Bekah. She answered right away.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bex. We got him and Jeremy. They're locked away." I said. I heard her chuckle. 

"Be home shortly." she said, then hung up. I called Kol.

"Hello darling." he answered.

"Hey Kol. We got them here, locked up in cells." I told him. I could tell he was smirking. 

"I figured." he said, and I heard something clinking.

"Are you drinking on the job?" I asked. He laughed.

"I am. He wasn't here, so I decided to sit and wait for you to call. I needed some refreshment while I waited." he said.

I sighed and shook my head.