Chapter 23

A/N: Warning - Some strong language is used in this chapter...

-Elizabeth's POV-

After I left the tunnels, I drove over to the Grille. I made it there just in time to see that bitch Caroline strutting out the door. I sat there for a minute. A couple seconds later, Klaus come out after her, chasing her. 

It was disgusting, and yet a part of me wished it was me he was chasing. NO! What was I saying? I didn't love Klaus — not any more. Did I? 

I shook my head, shaking off those thoughts. Now was not the time. I didn't know how I felt about Klaus — all I knew is that I couldn't let him die tonight. Or any of his siblings. They were the closest thing I had ever had to family — except my brothers, but they had been missing for a large chunk of my life. The Mikalesons had been there for a majority of it — even when I wasn't with them, I still thought of them. Even, I hated to admit it, Klaus.

But now was not the time for this. I walked into the Grille. Just as I was scanning the Grille, I heard a familiar sound — the sound of a dagger going into someones chest. I looked and saw Alaric and that brunette chick he had been hanging out with dragging an unconscious Kol out the side door. I started to see red and followed them. Outside I saw both of my brothers. That made me even madder.

"YOU DAGGERED MY BEST FRIEND!?!" I screamed, ripping Alaric off of Kol, and pushing the brunette to the ground. I thought I heard her head thunk, but I payed her no mind. Alaric was on the ground, shock covering his face. Both of my brothers were looking at me, semi-guilty expressions on their faces. 

As I went to say something else, suddenly Stefan was flying into the wall. I offered a gasp, but paid no more mind as I ripped the dagger out of Kol. As it had only been a few moments the dagger had been in, he was revived fairly quickly. He was on his feet in a matter of moments, glaring at Alaric. 

I put my hand on his arm, shaking my head. He frowned at me, but stayed where he was. I turned to see who had thrown Stefan, to see no other than Klaus. And he was glaring at me.

"What is that look for?" I asked, confused, and partially offended.

"I would hate to think you had something to do with this..." he murmured.

That made me see red again. I thought I heard Kol and Damon each say "Oh boy...", but I was too mad to even concentrate on them.

"You think I was part of some harebrained scheme to dagger my own best friend!!??" I yelled, stalking over to Klaus. Kol tried to grab my arm, but I just shook him off. I was way too mad to be stopped. Klaus had the decency to step back, a little fear in his eye. That just added fuel to the fire.

"You...." I shouted, pausing for a second to think through my next words to make sure I didn't use the wrong word, again. Why I was so considerate, I don't know. "...son of a fucking bitch!!! And I do mean that quite literally!! How dare you accuse me of such a thing?!? I came here to help save your ass, and this is the thanks I get?!? Working against my own flesh and blood to save you, and I get accused of trying to kill you!?! Did you know that is what is happening right now?!? Your mother is trying to KILL you!! I came here to warn you and to help SAVE you!! Instead you accuse me of working AGAINST you!!"

I was shouting, furious. How dare he!?! I was shaking, I was so mad!

Everyone in the alley, and Elijah, who I had just noticed had arrived, had taken many step backs, trying to stay away from me. They all had fear and worry in their eyes. 

Klaus stood with his back against the wall, shock, surprise, and most of all, fear, on his face and in his eyes. It looked like my words were slowly sinking in. But I just continued on shouting, taking several steps closer until I was pressed up against him, standing on my toes, so I could scream in his face.