Chapter 11

-Elizabeth's POV-

“Klaus...” I whispered, my throat going dry. I automatically take a step back, and Damon, noticing this, comes and stands in front of me. Klaus smirks – nothing like the smirk I used to love.

“Hello, Elizabeth.” he says, sending that smirk towards me. My courage returns, and I glare at him.

“Well, should I tell them what happened between us or are you going to? Because, as I remember it, there was a bit of a misunderstanding between us about this subject...” he remarks, smirking at me.

“How about neither of you tell us, and you get the hell out of my house?!” Damon says, standing in front of me and sending a death glare towards Klaus. I'm shocked that Damon had the nerve to talk to Klaus like that – most people are terrified of him – but then again, that was Damon for you. He had always been overconfident and cocky.

Klaus just smirked at him. Suddenly he disappeared, and before I knew it, Damon was on the floor with a stake in his stomach, and Klaus was in front of me, holding me by my waist. Although I was shocked and worried about Damon, who lay groaning, and I hated Klaus, those damn butterflies fluttered in my stomach at him being so close and touching me.

He looked down at me and smirked. He leaned down and whispered in my ear,

“I've missed you love. Someday, you will come back to me.” His breath on my neck sent shivers up and down my spine, and the breath caught in my throat.

When I looked up, he was gone. I shivered again, then rushed over to Damon. I pulled the stake out

“Are you okay?” I asked, worry in my eye. I wouldn't let them know how much seeing Klaus had affected me. Damon stood up and brushed himself off.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” he said, then turned to glare at Stefan. “And where were you, Mr. I-Hate-That-Hybrid? I notice you did nothing when he stabbed me, or when he had his hands all over our sister...” I looked at Stefan too, remembering him for the first time. I was confused as to his behavior.

“Well, that would be because, 1 - I know better than to go against Klaus face-to-face, 2 - Lizzie looked like she could handle herself, and 3 - I enjoyed seeing you in pain, what with everything that has happened.” I gasped, and looked back and forth between the two.

“Why do I feel like you both left something out?” I questioned.

“Oh, did I forget to mention that Damon is in love with Elena too, and kissed her while I was getting my life in order? Oops.” Stefan said, giving me one last hug and kiss, then storming out of the room.

I looked over at Damon, shocked.

“Again, Damon? You and him are fighting over a doppelganger again?” I question. He shots me a look that says 'not now', then pours himself a glass of bourbon. I shake my head.

“Well, then I must be going.” I say, collecting my bag. I turn to leave, when all of a sudden, both of my brothers stood in front of me.

“What do you mean, going?” Stefan asked, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

“Um, I'm going to my house. Well, not mine, but the one I compelled the lady to let me stay in.” I explained, trying to go around them. Damon steps in front of me and grabs my shoulders.

“Lizzie. We just got you back. We're not letting you go anywhere. You are moving in with us.” he states. I look between him and Stefan. My eyes slowly fill.

“You mean it? You want me here? Even with my ripper tendencies and love problems?” I whisper, a little choked up.

“Those things are even more reason you should stay here. We can help you with both.” Stefan says, and Damon picks up.

“Absolutely. And of course we want you here. You're our baby sister, and we've missed having you here.” I hug him, then Stefan.

“Okay.” I agree. “But I should go get my stuff, and let Mrs. Anderson out of her compulsion...” I state. Maybe I'll eat her, I think, but quickly dismiss the thought – she had been nice to me, and if I was going to control my ripper side (I still wasn't sure if that was what I wanted) then I couldn't just go around eating people on a whim.

“Okay.” Damon says. “But I'm going with you.” he amends. “Stefan spent the day with you, now I want some quality time with my little sister.” he says, smiling at me. I smile back, and nod.

“Okay, but we're taking my car.” I say, and he quickly agrees. I hug Stefan, then we leave.

“I like your car, you little copycat.” Damon says as we walk outside. I'm confused until I see his blue Camaro in the driveway. I smirk at him.

“I didn't copy anyone. We just both have excellent taste.” I say, shrugging, and his smile grows even bigger.

We both get in and we drive away. We make idle chit chat about life while we drive, and I'm relishing in have my big brother back.

When we get to the house, the door is standing open. We both look at each other alarmed.

“I'm guessing the door shouldn't be open...” Damon says. I shoot him a look.

“Just checking. Stay in the car.” he says. I roll my eyes and get out. He glares at me, but continues on. I follow him slowly.

On the steps, we find Mrs. Anderson's body, drained of blood.

“Oh my God.” I whisper, shocked.

“Stay outside. Please.” Damon orders. All I can do is nod as I look at my host's body. Dang it, she was a nice lady too. And she made amazing macaroni and cheese...

Suddenly, I hear a bang inside.

“Damon?” I call. Nothing. “Damon!?” I called again. Once again, nothing. I slowly walk in the door. I go towards the living room. Inside, I find Damon laying on the floor.

“Oh my God. Damon!” I cry, running over to him. I look at him, and notice someone has snapped his neck. Before another thought can cross my mind, I hear a crack, and everything goes black.

A/N: LE GASP! What is happening? Who do you think is behind Mrs. Anderson's death, and Damon and Elizabeth's snapped necks? The answer will surprise you...