Chapter 28 - SEASON 3 FINALE Part 1

-Stefan's POV-

I rushed back to Mystic Falls after talking to Jeremy. I had to make sure Elena was okay. He had taken her to hospital because she had collapsed unconscious. This must have been what Lizzie was talking about, though how she knew about it, I had no idea. Jeremy had called again to say that it was just a concussion, and that Elena was going home, so I rushed back to check on her.

I walked into the house and saw her sitting on the couch, talking to Matt. When she saw me, she stood up and gave me a hug.

“How are you feeling?” I asked. She sighed.

“I'm fine. Really. It's just a concussion. No big deal. I'm not an invalid. And I'm done with the couch.” she complained, grabbing the blanket and storming out of the room. I chuckled. She must be okay if she was so snarky. Matt and I exchanged some comments about freewill and such when Elena called me.

“Stefan...”

I walked quickly to the door and froze.

“Elijah... Elizabeth...” I whispered, shocked.

“Hello brother.” Elizabeth said, strolling in, brushing past both me and Elena, heading towards the dining room. I watched her, frowning at her coldness. Elena and Elijah both apparently had the same thought, because they both had frowns too.

“Please. Come in...” Elena grumbled. Elijah nodded, then followed Elizabeth. I sent a quick glance at Elena, and muttered, “Call Damon.”, then followed after them. We all sat at the dinner table. Elena put her phone on the table. Elijah glanced at it, then looked at me, confused. Elizabeth's face held zero emotion. It worried me.

“Lizzie...” I started.

“Don't.” she interrupted, not even looking at me. I sighed, frowning more. Elena shot my a glance, her eyes full of pity.

“Hello?” Damon finally answered.

“Damon, Elijah and Lizzie are here. We figured you would want to know what was going on.”

“O...k...” Damon said , confused as to what was going on. We all were. So I glanced at Lizzie. She glanced at Elijah and nodded. He took that as a signal to keep talking.

“You have Klaus' body. We want it back.” he simply stated.

“And why would we give it to you?” Elena asked confidently. Elizabeth shot her a glare, which caused Elena to shrink back.

“Because Alaric is after him. We will take him, and lead him away from you.” Elijah explained rationally.

“And you what? Run for the rest of your lives? And how do we know you will keep your word and that your siblings will follow along with this?” Damon asked through the phone. He was currently driving Klaus' body in a coffin, hopefully to the ocean.

“We've done it before.” Elijah answered.

“And you know Elijah is good for his word.” Lizzie said. “And as for Rebekah and Kol, I will make sure they stay away from here.”

I glanced at her, confused. “And how do you plan to do that?” I asked.

“Well, we will hopefully travel mostly together, and I can keep them under control.” Lizzie said, shrugging. I gaped at her, realizing what she meant. Damon, however, was a little slower.

“What do you mean, travel together? Your not going with them!?” Damon questioned. Lizzie glared at the phone.

“Of course I am. Once they are gone, I will have nothing tying me here anyway.” she said icily. Both me and Damon were silent. A pang went through my heart when she said that. I'm sure it did Damons' too. Elena shot me another pity-filled glance. Elizabeth paid me no mind, just looked at Elijah again. He nodded and continued.