Chapter 33

-Elizabeth's POV-

We all sat around in the living room, lost in our own thoughts, until Klaus' phone began to ring. We all looked at him as he looked at it, then answered.

"Hello, love." he said, smirking. I gazed at him questioningly, but he just smiled.

"Klaus. I need your help." Elena's whiny voice came over the phone. I groaned. I noticed Bekah grimacing when she heard Elena's voice.

"What seems to be the problem, love?" Klaus asks smirking.

"There's a new hunter in town. He keeps attacking the Salvatore's and he just kidnapped Jeremy, muttering something about tattoos and the Five... I don't know, but we need your help to get rid of him.

Klaus had started to frown when he heard tattoos.

"Did you say the Five?" he growled. I noticed Bekah frowning and looking at the ground as well, while Elijah had a scowl on his face, too. What was going on? What was 'the Five'?

"Y-yes." Elena mumbled, confused at the question.

"It's not possible..." Bekah murmured, and I shot a look at her. What was going on? 

"Alright, love. I'll help you... on a few conditions." Klaus said. I looked at him, shocked. He just shook his head at me, a grim smirk on his face.

"W-what?" Elena asked nervously.

"I want your blood for more hybrids..." Klaus started. I could practically hear Elena thinking. Finally she sighed.

"If it gets rid of this hunter, fine, I will make a donation." she said. Klaus grinned.

"Also, we are not killing the hunter. I would like to speak to him personally." This confused me, and Elena too.

"Why?" she asked.

"Just leave him to me." Klaus growled.

I heard Elena swallow.

"Okay." she whispered.

"Also, I want your brother." Klaus said casually.

"No." Elena said angrily.

"It's for his own good, dear doppelganger."

"No, Klaus. You can have the hunter and my blood, but Jeremy stays with me."

Klaus sighed. 

"Alright. The hunter and your blood will do for now." he said, then hung up. I jumped on him right after.

"What's going on? What are the Five?" I asked. Klaus sighed and shook his head.

"How is this possible? You killed them all, Nik." Bekah said, interrupting what Klaus was about to say. I looked at her.

"What is she talking about? What. Is. Going. On?" I growled impatiently. Elijah was the one to answer.

"Many centuries ago, the three of us came upon a group of vampire hunters - Kol wasn't with us at the time - who claimed that they could eradicate the whole vampire species. Naturally, we were curious. Rebekah... befriended the leader, and he told us about his band of hunters, known as the Five. They were hunting for something, and were killing vampires as well."

"What were they looking for? Why did you kill them?" I asked Klaus.

"They found out what we were and attempted to kill us. That is how we found the white oak ash daggers. They didn't work on me, and I killed them all before awakening everyone." he mumbled. I nodded.

"What were they looking for, along with killing vampires?" 

Bekah was the one that responded.

"A cure. They said there was a cure for vampirism." she whispered. I gaped at her, then at Klaus.

"I thought that information had died with them, along with any chance of anyone ever finding it. Apparently, the group has been reborn..." Klaus murmured.

"Well, we have to stop him before he kills somebody - one of my brothers, or even me." I said, standing up. Klaus stood and put his hand on my arm.

"We will. But we must not kill him. I want to interrogate him, plus there are... consequences that come with killing a member of the Five." I looked at him, about to ask, but he just shook his head.

"It's nothing to concern yourself with, love. Just don't kill him." he said. I nodded.

"Where is he?" Kol asked, standing as well.

"I don't know. Let's go look for him. And if the Gilbert boy is with him, take him too." Klaus said. We all nodded. 

"Kol, you go look at the Grille. Elijah and Rebekah, go towards the tunnels and search the woods around them. Elizabeth and I will go towards the highway and search around that area. If you find him, knock him out and bring him here. Chain him up in the basement, then call the others. Same goes for the Gilbert boy." Klaus orders. Everyone nodded.

"Be careful!" I said, and everyone nodded again. With that, we all ran to our designated regions.

A/N: Sorry this took so long and is so short. I wanted to get something up for you guys...

Sorry for any errors - I'm not working on my usual computer and processing system.

I know I said I wouldn't follow the TVD plot - and though this is different from the TVD plot, it is similar. Don't worry - I want to get some of that out of the way. There will be more original stuff coming up - stuff that doesn't revolve around the TVD plot...

Thank you all for being so patient! Please let me know what you think. I will try to update again soon - maybe even later tonight. Until next time!!!