Chapter 38

A/N: So I LOVED all the guesses that everyone made at the end of last chapter about who could be on the phone. One person actually guessed right, so this chapter is dedicated to her!! And because of all the nice comments I got, I decided to upload as quickly as possible – so here you are!! I hope you enjoy.

-Elizabeth's POV-

"Hello?" I answered, keeping my face and voice devoid of emotion. Klaus was looking at me, confused. But when he heard her voice, he was no longer confused. He was angry.

"Hello, Lizzie." Katherine purred.

"Katherine." I growled, forgetting to keep calm and show her no emotion. She got off on getting a rise out of people.

"Now is that anyway to greet an old friend?" she teased.

"Emphasis on the old." I said, smirking to myself. Klaus chuckled.

"Well, if this is the treatment I get, maybe I won't help you." she said, probably shrugging.

"What help could you possibly offer me?" I asked.

"I've been noticing you've been having trouble finding werewolves..." she said nonchalantly. I grimaced.

"You're watching us." I said, more of a statement then a question. She chuckled without humor.

"When you've been hunted as long as I have, you learn to keep tabs on the one hunting you." she said. Klaus was grimacing.

"So, how can you help us?" I asked, trying to seem like I wasn't curious.

"Well, when you've traveled like I have, you know a few good hotspots."

"Okay. But why would you help us?" I asked, my curiosity coming through.

"Because I'm tired of running." she replied. Klaus sighed. I chuckled.

"You think that by giving us a few werewolves, you will earn your freedom?" I asked.

"I don't know." Katherine admitted. "But a girl can hope." I nodded, and thought for a second.

"Okay. How about this? You give us one location. We'll check it out, and if it really is a 'hot spot' like you said, I will consider talking to Klaus about your freedom." I said. Klaus looked at me in disbelief and amusement.

Katherine growled, but said nothing.

"Do we have a deal?" I asked.

"Fine. One location." she finally said.

"Alright. So where should we go?" I asked. Katherine chuckled.

"The biggest werewolf population I've ever came across was in..."

A/N: HAHA – Big cliffhanger!! This is really short – sorry. But I like it – what about you??

Where should the werewolves be? Will it truly be a hot spot? Will Klaus go, with the hunter loose in Mystic Falls? Will Klaus grant Katherine her freedom? Let me know what you think!! Until next time!!