Contraxia

After that night you were free to roam the ship, but you mostly kept to yourself in your room. The ship was large and unfamiliar. And the other Ravagers scared you. Yondu made it clear they wouldn't hurt you, but you saw the looks on some of those faces. You weren't one of them, you were the captains pet. His temporal fascination.
The ships engine was fixed and you didn't see Yondu as much. Only at night, before you went to sleep. Kraglin you saw allot more, he would bring you your dinner and stayed to keep you company for a while after.

One day he brought you your food when he sat down to chat and you decided to ask him about Yondu.
"So... How did you meet the captain" you asked, trying to be nonchalant about it. He thought for a moment and grinned.
"Oh we go way back. I met him at Stakar's ship, when he was just a new member of the crew. We worked together in the control room and we're send out on allot of missions together. He saved my ass a bunch of times and we became friends."
"What kind of missions?" You asked him while moving your food around on your plate.
"Well, you know. We steal shit for a living, things can get messy sometimes."
"Did he, ... Did Yondu kill allot of people?" You asked.
Kraglin looked at you, understanding where you were going with these questions.
"I'm not gonna lie (y/n), he killed hundreds of people, some of them might not even deserved it... but don't worry, he likes you."
You looked up from your plate, not knowing what to say. Sure, you knew Yondu liked talking to you, but you figured you were his walking and talking Earth encyclopedia above all. After that one night of holding hands and watching the stars he hadn't touched you again.
You smiled a little. " Good to know I'm not just here for his amusement."
"Oh you are" Kraglin teased. "But I'm sure there's something else too..."
"Like what?" You asked, eager to know the answer.
Kraglin opened his mouth to answer but the door swung open en Yondu came walking in. He looked at both your faces for a moment and stopped in his track.
"What's going on here, you talking shit about me, Kraglin?"
Kraglin chuckled. "Yes sir!"
Yondu walked over to him and pushed him over with his boot, but he was smiling.
"Teaparty's over, Krags, get your bony ass to the controls, I wanna get to Contraxia by tomorrow night."
Kraglin got up, winked at you and left.

"What's Contraxia?" You asked Yondu while he kicked of his boots and came to sit next to you.
"It's just some place I need to be. Got some business there... "
"Can I come?" You asked hopefully. It's been two weeks since he took you away from Earth and you were excited to set your first steps on a new planet to see what it was like.
But he stopped your daydreaming with a harsh "No".
"Nothing for you out thar, kitten."
He growled.
"But..." You started, untill you looked into his serious looking eyes, shutting you up.
The silence weighed heavy on you. Yondu reached into his pocket and pulled out a little troll figure. It had big eyes and pink hair.
"Got you something." He said, trying to lighten the mood.
He held it in front of you, but you didn't take it. "Come on, darling. Don't be mad. I'll take ya to the next planet. Contraxia ain't a place for a Terran girl, anyways. It's filled with thieves, murderers and hookers."
You felt a little jab of jealousy at that last word. Don't be rediculous, you told yourself. Yondu is much older then you, he's dirty, sweaty and those teeth... Well, they weren't ugly, but they looked painfully sharp. It was just the loneliness talking, the need for warmth and a hug from time to time.
You looked in his eyes and took the troll out of his hand.
"I'm not mad, it's fine." You told him and smiled. You were not fine, but no way in hell you wanted him to know that.
You spend the rest of the night reading your book, secretly looking at Yondu every few minutes. He was busy on that glass tablet again, making notes in a language you didn't understand, drinking some sort of liquor while he worked. It smelled sweet.
"Can I have some of that?" You asked him. You wanted to take the edge off, free your mind of these rediculous feelings you couldn't seem to shake.
He looked at the bottle in his hand, checking how much was left.
"Sure, kitten. Come here." He patted the spot next to him in his big pile of blankets. You got up and sat down next to him, pulling a blanket over your knees, nice and cozy. You took the bottle with both hands. The liquid in the bottle was a light purple. It smelled sweet as candy.
"Carefull now" He warned, but you just took a big swig. It burned like fire in your mouth and you had no choice then to spit it out. All over Yondu's shirt.
"Girl! Whatya doing?!" He yelled. You froze, thinking he would get angry, but instead he started laughing.
"I told you to take it easy! This ain't no girly drink. It's made by and for ravager men!" You wiped your mouth with the back of your hand.
"Sorry"
"You've made me sticky! I need to get out of this shirt." He grinned while standing up. Before you could react he pulled out his shirt over his head and fin. You looked at his torso, blatantly staring at the pattern of scars there, the ones on his head swirled down his neck over his shoulder and chest. It was strangely beautiful.
He saw your staring and put his hand on his badly scarred shoulder.
"Sorry, I know it ain't pretty" He looked a little embarrassed, hurt even. You got up and walked over to him. Without saying a word you put your hand lightly on the scars in his neck, feeling them under your fingertips. He looked away from you, but didn't move. You traced the raw bands of skin down his neck, over his shoulder. The scars got thinner there, a delicate web of light blue lines. When your hand reached his chest he grabbed it, stopping you. His fierce red eyes, almost glowing in the dark room, looked into yours. For a moment, time seemed to slow down. Only the two of you existed, suspended in time and space. When suddenly he pulled away from you and let go of your hand. He grabbed his shirt and walked out the room, into the hallway. He didn't return for the rest of the night. While you sat in his pile, waiting, you fell asleep, surrounded by his musky smell.

The morning after he still wasn't back, so you got up and went looking for him. You roamed the hallways, but didn't find him. You noticed there was a feeling of excitement, the usually grumpy faces a bit more cheery. The other ravagers didn't seem to pay any attention to you, wich you didn't mind at all. It's better to be invisible then to be frowned upon.
You reached the control room and knocked before opening the door.
"Yondu?" You asked carefully.
One of the big chairs turned, it was Kraglin.
"He ain't here, (y/n). Why don't you go back to your room and wait there. I'm sure he'll be there soon enough." He told you, obviously not concerned his captain was missing. You nodded, sighed and closed the door to wander back to your room and wait.

Kraglin waited untill the door was closed and turned around his chair again.
"You's gonna tell me what happened last night?" He asked Yondu, who was sitting in the chair next to him, head in hand.
"No Kraglin, I am not." He rumbled. "Mind your own damn business, will ya!"
Kraglin rolled his eyes at Yondu. "Djeez cap, I'm just asking." Yondu glared at him, warning him to drop it. Kraglin got the message and quietly piloted the ship in the next hour. Untill they finally reached Contraxia.
The entire crew, including Yondu, left the ship to drink, make deals, have fights and visit the local bars and brothels. Only Kraglin stopped by your room before he left.
"Hi (y/n)." He said softly. You sat up straight and wiped a tear from your cheek, trying to cover it up. "Oh uh, hi Kraglin... I was just...there's this thing in my eye... It's..." You stopped talking, seeing he didn't believe you anyways. You looked at him and instead asked him what you really wanted to know. "Is Yondu coming back tonight?"
Kraglin shifted on his feet, uncomfortable. "I don't know, it ain't likely. Usually when we're here, it takes us a day or two to get it all out of our system."
You nodded.
"Thanks for being honest Kraglin."
He smiled a little.
"Don't worry, (y/n). He'll be back soon enough. There's food in the big fridge in the kitchen. And I think there's some booze there too. Have fun." He grinned.
"I think I'll stick to water." You said thinking of what happened the night before. "You have fun too, Kraglin."
He closed the door behind him and left you alone with your thoughts.