Ugly truths

You woke up back on the ship. The heavy collar was back around your neck. Life was a circle. The moment you, Kraglin and Yondu had walked out of the gallery of the man named Broker, you bombarded the two ravagers with questions. 'What the hell was going on?' 'Who was that?' 'What was he talking about' and most importantly 'Where was Aiden?' Yondu was fuming, didn't answer a single one of your questions and kept looking behind the three of you to see there was nobody following. Kraglin had swung you over his shoulder, repeatedly asked you to stop squirming and when you didn't listen, threw you on the ground before jolting you with his taser gun. You passed out and woke up chained to the wall again. Yondu was nowhere to be found, Kraglin sat on the floor with his back against the opposite wall. You sat up straight slowly. Kraglin looked at you for a long time before he spoke.
"You could've had him, you know... He might not be able to say it, but in a way he loves you."
You bit your lip, holding back tears, burning the back of your eyeballs. Kraglin continued.
"Yondu made a mistake keeping you here. He should've delivered you together with your sister."
"Where is she?" You whispered.
"Doesn't really matter, (y/n)..."
He looked you in the eye.
"She's dead."
You swallowed, unable to breathe almost, resisting the urge to scream."
Kraglin gave you a few minutes to process the information. You cried, although in your heart you've said your goodbyes with her a long time ago. Through your tears you nodded for Kraglin to continue.
"Yondu doesn't know I'm with you. We have about an hour. I'm going to explain what happened, (y/n). And after, you're gonna decide where you're gonna go and I'll try to get you there in one piece. Then you're on your own. No more protection, no more ravagers,... No more Yondu."
You pulled up your knees, putting your arms around them and resting your head on your arms. Your body shivered, but you weren't cold.
"That night we picked up you and the orb, we also took your sister. You're twins, which is a rare thing in the galaxy. For some reason, only Terrans produce twins and there are allot of legends about twins having special powers and such. Which is all bullshit by the way, but still, people love to gawk at you and your perfect copy. You can compare it with those freakshows ya'll used to have back in the day.
So we took both of you, planning to sell you together at some collector for a nice number of units. Tulk was supposed to drop you guys off in Nowhere right after we got back to the Eclector. But when the moment was there to load you two up the Milano, just hours after we left Terra, Yondu felt conflicted. He didn't say it ofcourse, but I saw it..."
Kraglin paused, looking at you for a while.
"It was the fact you gave yourself to him. You made him responsible for your life. He decided to keep you around, lying to Broker you escaped somehow."
"What... What happened to Aiden..." You asked quietly.
"Your sister was a conniving snake, she tried to fight, scream and bully her way out. She even tried to switch it around, begging Yondu and me to let her stay here and send you off to Nowhere." Again Kraglin paused, now curious about what your response to that ugly fact would be.
You sighed. "Well, ...that sounds like her... .
Why did you still sell her tho? Without me with her she's just a regular Terran. Plenty of those around."
"The collector still wanted her. He's a difficult man to please and goes through maids like we go through beer bottles. If it's empty, get a new one.
He obviously paid allot less for just her. But hey, good riddance, we thought. She was just troubles anyway..." He sighed deeply, while eyeing you.
"If I had known how much troubles you would be, I would've made sure you were sold with that snake."
You looked up at him, more hurt by his harsh words than you would like to admit.
"I... I thought we were friends, Kraglin..."
"We are, (y/n). But you don't get it, how could you, ravagers ain't supposed to love. It makes us weak, vulnerable. For a man like Yondu, that's almost a death sentence. He's a captain, you know how many assholes are waiting to take his spot? Why do you think you couldn't tell the crew you's were fucking, hah?!?" He almost yelled, frustrated. "We are friends, but Yondu is my captain, my brother, and you'll always lose if I'm the one making the choice!"
He kicked his heel into the floor. "Damnit, (y/n)! You had to follow us to the Broker and get caught like that! You frikkin' Terrans, to curious for your own good!
Broker has seen you, and if he tells the collector, he will haunt you down."
"How did Aiden die? Did that collector guy kill her?" You asked softly. Kraglin sighed, shaking his head. "No, that was an accident, from what I've heard. Your sister tried to escape...she crawled through the vents to get out, but the place is old and run down. One of the vents on the outside of the building broke and she fell to her death... " He said while looking at you. "It was pretty high up, the impact killed her immediately." He tried to ease your mind a bit. It didn't help much. Your face was wet with tears. "But Kraglin, if she's dead I'm also just a single, 'normal' Terran, why is he still even interested? " Now Kraglin became visibly uneasy, so you pressed on. "Please Krags, you ow me the truth." He swallowed and it took him a few seconds to answer. "Your sister may be dead, but he took her body and put it on display." He paused. "She's in a liquid that'll preserve her for ever... because he didn't have a Terran in his collection untill now...and if he can get his hands on you, i'm pretty sure you'll end up dead, next to her..." You felt sick to your stomach, taking in all this new and sickening information. You and Kraglin sat in silence for a few minutes. When he spoke again, his voice was clear and determined.
"So now you know the whole story, choose. Terra, Xandar, hell I'll take ya to Morag even, but you ain't staying here!"
"I wanna see Yondu!" You begged him. "Please Kraglin, let me see Yondu!"
He turned his gaze away from you.
"No, I've asked Tulk to distract him for a while, so I can get you out of here. You're going with Oblo, he'll take you to where you wanna go. I suggest you take your ass back to Terra!"
He stood up and opened the door, letting in Oblo, who you've seen before, but never talked to.
Kraglin, please!" You cried while he unhooked the chain from the wall and gave it to Oblo, who pulled you with him gently but firm. "Please, no, don't. I've made a mistake. I want to stay here, with you, with Yondu!"
You struggled to get up, grabbing Kraglin's arm. "Yondu will hate you for sending me away like this!" You said, hoping this truth would change his mind. It didn't change anything but the look in his eyes. A world of pain and sorrow hidden behind his green orbs.
"I know, (y/n). Better him living to hate me, than dying to love you."
And with those words he turned his back on you and walked away.

You felt empty inside and stopped your struggling. Oblo pulled on the chain and you let your head hang, shuffling behind him slowly.