V

Jungkook wiped the remaining evidence of his longing away and went back to the wolves at the bonfire.

"You don't need to hide it. We can smell your sadness and seriously we need to find Jimin, you're stinking up the precious woods." Taehyung sighed after he complained.

Jungkook just chuckled and wished he could be like them. If so there would have been no troubles with Jimin and him being together.

Suddenly Namjoon jumped up from his place where he had been hugging his mate.

"He's near! Taehyung shift and howl for him."

Taehyung immediately obeyed even though he didn't belong to Namjoon's pack.

The howl was exactly how Jungkook had imagined wolves to howl for their companions. Like in a documentary.

There was a sweet noise from behind the hill. If this was Jimin, his angelic human voice had been carried over to his wolf voice. Jungkook was enchanted. It sounded so soft.

"He won't come here, he smelled you, Jungkook.... Do you trust me, buddy?" Taehyung smirked.

"Usually I wouldn't but I want  to see my mate."

"Okay then."

Out of nowhere Taehyung jumped at him in his again shifted shape and did what no one expected.

Jungkook's awful cry of pain disturbed the silence in the woods.

Jimin couldn't believe what he heard.
It was Jungkook's painful cry. His man was in danger.

"Fuck." Jimin shifted and ran towards Jungkook following the smell of blood.

He approached a small forest glade.
A loud growl blossomed in his chest.

He let it out screaming basically at Taehyung who leaned over Jungkook's body with his teeth buried in Jungkook's flesh.

The smell of his man's blood clouded his senses as he pushed the beta harshly on the ground attacking him with sharp claws.

He had gained strength for protecting what's precious to him. In this situation the beta could barely block any attacks and earned quite a few red slashes.

Namjoon had to step in and pull an angry omega off the beta.

"Jimin! Calm the fuck down. He did it on purpose to decoy you. Jungkook's okay."

Jimin stopped moving, and removed the alpha's grip. He shifted and rushed to Jungkook's side who lazily smiled at him pressing a fabric against the bloody wound on his upper left arm.

"Kookie, are you okay, baby?"
Jimin asked worried tracing the pained tears Jungkook had let out.

"I'm great. I can finally see you again. I'm in heaven." He said with a small unbelieving chuckle.

Taehyung got up and wanted to high-five Jungkook but Jimin growled dangerously in his throat.

"Don't come near my mate, beta." He said in warning.

"Woah, okay. Look I'm stepping back. Calm down, Jimin. I'm your friend. I helped you to get your mate back."

Jimin just continued pampering Jungkook, now ignoring Taehyung.

"He's in full protection mode for his mate. Once he calms down, you'll be back being friends. Don't worry."
Jin stroked over the beta's back comfortingly.

"Now can we go back to the pack, Jimin?" Namjoon asked a little anxious leaving his pack for so long without their leader.

"But what about Jungkook and me? Are you going to kick me out of the pack because he knows?"

Namjoon shook his head quickly.
"No. He swore loyalty and who am I to break a couple or outcast one of my precious wolves? I can sense both your sincerity. I know you enough to trust you. Now let's go back."

Jimin couldn't believe what he heard. He had never thought Namjoon the firm leader would let them be together. But considering his mother had told him he had a soft spot for him and the other omegas made him realise his luck.

He embraced his lover pressing a few small pecks on Jungkook's shoulders. Said man hummed in content and grabbed Jimin's hand leading his clingy lover through the woods to their new home.

A few wolves shifted back to humans as soon as Jungkook came in sight.

Namjoon howled and the whole pack came to the village centre from wherever they had been.

"Pack. Please welcome, human Jeon Jungkook. He'll be our omega Jimin's mate soon. He knows about us and I trust him to keep our secret, please accept him kindly."