Paintings

Sometimes I look at you and I can't understand how someone before me didn't notice a whole beautiful universe hidden within you

Elijah looked over at me, something about him could read me like a book.
'You can go have a look around if you'd like... it's just Niklaus and I..'
I looked at him and nodded slightly, slowly getting up off of the bar stool. I slowly made my way out of the kitchen and back up the stairs.
I looked around through the open rooms, not wanting to push the boundaries of my welcome.

After walking into one of the rooms, my eyes instantly connected with a piece of art hanging on the wall. My eyes wandered over it. The image was of New Orleans, the colours divided in the middle, red smashing with blue.
'Like what you see?'
I turned around to the voice behind me. Klaus. I watched him for a moment then turned my focus back to the painting, my eyes centred in on the signature in the bottom right hand corner.
'It's much better than the others' I joked.
His smirk widened, like he was expecting my smart ass comment. He took a step toward me, but I didn't move. I looked up at him, studying his features, his soft lips so tinted pink.
'If you think you could do much better I invite you to try, little wolf.'
I smirked at him, but then turned my attention to the door as my name was being called from downstairs.
'I.. should go' I pushed past him and walked downstairs, to find Elijah in the kitchen serving up breakfast.
I sat down and quietly ate my breakfast, thinking about my encounter with klaus. Was I attracted to him?
Elijah seemed to notice I was thinking about something
'What's on your mind?' I noticed he'd been staring the entire time.
I shook my head slightly 'you're a pretty good cook for someone who doesn't eat food' I watched him.
He shrugged 'you get bored over the centuries' he chuckled.

A few hours later I was sat on the couch reading one of Elijah's books, well not really reading, so much as flipping the page ever minute or so and trying not to sigh of boredom.
Elijah walked into the living room and did up the button of his suit jacket 'I have some business to attend to tonight, I'll be back in the morning. My number is on the fridge if you need anything.'
I nodded slightly as he walked outside and then threw the book onto the coffee table. As soon as Elijah left Klaus walked into the room, holding a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.
'Can I interest you into a drink, love?'
I looked over at him and nodded, watching as he walked over and set the glasses down on the coffee table and filled them with whiskey before taking his own and finishing it in one gulp. I smirked slightly and did the same to my own, before holding out the glass to him for him to pour more into it. I gulped down the second glass and grinned at him, flopping back into my seat. He slowly picked up the bottle and started drinking straight from it. I watched him for a moment, then slowly stood up.
'I should call it a night..' I rushed upstairs. I was worried. Last time I got drunk bad things happened, and I was already tipsy.
'Hayley!' I could hear the frown in his voice, then his footsteps following me up the stairs.
'What's wrong with you?' He stared at me. All I could do was shake my head in response.
'I just.. I don't want to be here. I don't want to hurt someone again..'
He frowned at what I'd said.
'I'd never let you do that love' he touched my arm reassuringly.
I looked down at his hand then back up at his face.
He slowly held out the bottle of whiskey to me.
'You're safe Hayley'
I watched him for a moment then slowly took it and sculled half of the bottle. I slowly pulled it away and licked my lips, then grinned at him slowly, the alcohol instantly calming my nerves. He took the bottle from me and did the same, and now we were both at the same level of drunkenness.
'Do you wanna know why I liked that painting?' I watched him. His face changed to a slight smirk.
'Perhaps because it allowed you to see into my deep wounded soul..'
'I saw how twisted it really is. And maybe I can relate'.
He slowly lifted his arm and brushed my hair out of my face.
'So then, how do you feel about that?' He watched me.
I grinned up at him, my eyes slowly turning into a glint of gold.
'I'm intrigued.'