Chapter 23

Naruto's Pov

"Ah lunch break finally." I sat down in my rolly chair and cracked my knuckles. Sasuke sat down beside me and sighed in agreement.

"I'm glad we're finally getting the chance to catch up. I mean, after all the things that happened. Although, I'm still really happy for you." He light heartedly smiled and put down his sandwich.

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry I had to leave you. Becoming a neurologist wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be. Even for me." He smirked over at me, making me roll my eyes.

"As I've said before, cocky. bastard." He smiled and watched me eat my food. Before looking down at his own.

"You know, I really did miss you, and I thought about you all the time." I felt my face heat up a bit. Whenever Sasuke shows his true feelings, you can't help but to feel something ya know.

"Oh shut up teme. I'm sure all the girls and boys were lining up to get some." He slightly laughed and shook his head.

"Even so, you were the only one I wanted. Even after all this time has passed." I blushed yet again, and he genuinely smiled at me.

"I've missed you too, but let's start off as friends again. Just to let each other get to know the "new" us." He sighed but smirked at me.

"Alright but you'll come running back. They always do." He winked at me, but Sakura smacked the back of his head with her clipboard.

"You dumb bit-" she smiled "sweetly" at him and put her arm around his neck.

"Finish that sentence, and I'll end you Uchiha." She tightly gripped his shoulder, and I gulped backing my chair away, as well as the other doctors and nurses.

"Hn. As if I'm scared of you." She rolled her eyes and looked over at me.

"Keep your boyfriend on a leash would ya Naruto." I sweat dropped but silently pleaded for Sasuke not to say anything else. He mouthed back 'Don't worry babe' making me facepalm.

"Ok gentlemen who's ready to save some lives."
.
.
.
"Uhhh Sakura my feet hurt so bad." But they literally did hurt. I could feel them throbbing.

"Quit your whining dobe. This is our last patient anyways." I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Listen to Sasuke, Naruto. Besides this one has been here for a while, so let's put on a smile and cheer her up a bit." I nodded my head, and put on the best smile I had. Upon us walking in, her father's eyes lit up as he walked over to all three of us and shook our hands.

"So these are the three best doctors I've been hearing about. You know it's really impressive considering you guys just started." I modestly scratched the back of my head while Sakura slightly smiled and Sasuke remained quiet.

"Oh I'm sorry let me introduce myself. I'm Erenn Yuu, and this is my daughter Shinoa." I looked over at her; her skin was deathly pale, and the color in her seemed to have long disappeared. No child should have to endure this. Sakura sadly smiled and walked over to her, gently placing her hand on Shinoa's cheek.

"I promise that I'll get you better ok." I walked behind Sakura and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"We promise that we'll get you better. So don't give up so soon." I gave her a toothy grin and she gave us a genuine smile. Once we took her stats, we all walked out of the room together and sighed in unison.

"How could you guys promise something that is hard to accomplish. This girl has a brain tumor in the dangerous spot to have one." I placed my hand on my hip and pointed a finger at him.

"Do you doubt your ability Mr. Uchiha." He widened his eyes, and turned his head to the side.

"Of course not. But if you keep acting like that I might have to jump you right now." He cockily smiled at me, and I gasped.

"Will both of you shut up. This is serious." Sasuke rolled his eyes and looked at Shinoa's charts.

"You're right, but how exactly are we gonna go about this." I looked over Sakura's shoulder and glanced at the chart.

"Let's go to my apartment. We can study her chart there, and then you can study the surgery she will need. Ya know, make sure you know how to do it, and which departments you will need." Sakura nodded her head in agreement.

"Well obviously I'll need you guys and your departments there, but there's no way I'm going to your apartment. Knowing you there's probably crap everywhere." He said knowingly making my eye twitch.

"Well he's not wrong." Sakura chimed in, and I took a deep breath in.

"Well fine we'll go to your house then teme." He playfully grabbed my nose, making it red.

"Obviously dobe."

______________
Unedited