Chapter 24

After a couple of hours at being at Sasuke's "apartment", we all started getting pretty tired, but we had a huge bulletin board covered with information. Including the success rate of the surgery, which if I might add, are slim. All of us were sitting in the floor, leaning against the couch, staring up at it.
"-Shinoa Yuu, 14 year old with Metastatic Melanoma, Stage lV. Came into hospital complaining of  seizures, bone pain, weight loss, and painful headaches. After further testing, it was found in Brain, Liver, and various parts of the lymph nodes throughout the body. Procedure to identify diagnosis: shave biopsy (taken off the entire growth or mole). Goal: shrink or stop the growth from spreading to other organs and make the patient more comfortable. Surgery: Take out tumor in brain, part of the cancerous liver and lymph nodes. Post-op treatment: radiation or chemotherapy."
Until Sakura jumped up, declaring she was going to make the most energizing cup of coffee the world has ever seen.

"Sasuke..." I leaned my head back against the couch cushion, staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression.

"What dobe." We both shifted our eyes over to each other, Sasuke's expression more blank than my own.

"If we operate on this girl, there is a ninety-five percent chance we'll kill her." He sighed and placed his head on the coffee table in front of us.

"You don't think I know that. Besides, even if it was successful, there's no guarantee that the outcome would be positive. I mean at least she'll be cured, but she might have amnesia or there's even a chance she might not be able to think at all." I frowned and ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Meaning she could possibly become brain dead." Sakura added from the kitchen door. She walked over and took a seat beside me.

"Medical miracles can happen too ya know." Both Sasuke and Sakura turned to look at me, then back at the board in front of us. Sasuke clicked his tongue and reached across me, grabbing Sakura's cup of coffee.

"You did not." Sasuke drunk the rest of what was in the cup and slammed the cup back onto the table.

"That was the most shittiest cup of coffee I've ever had in my life." I snickered, and Sakura slapped me in the arm, hard.

"Ow why me. He did it." I rubbed my arm, while she stood up and walked over to the door, picking up her coat and keys.

"You we're looking at it too, but I better head home. It's getting late anyways." Both Sasuke and I nodded as she closed the door. Sasuke and I now alone.

"Welp I better home too." I quickly jumped up only to have my self slung down onto the couch.

"Nope you're staying here." Sasuke smirked and sat down beside me. I crossed my arms and glared at him, which was very unsuccessful and a little degrading. His mouth tugged upward into a small smile as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"God I love you." I felt my ears heat up as I laid back onto the couch, Sasuke still resting on top of me.

"Sasuke I d-" I was cut off due to a bit of snoring. At first I was pretty mad because we were talking about something serious, but I realized that I was also tired. Besides it probably wasn't a good idea to discuss this right now. I ran my fingers through his hair as I too fell asleep.
-
Another short chapter boi
(Unedited)