12. Blooming flowers

Chapter 12: Blooming flowers.
—UNEDITED—

"Every time she laughs, she hopes he's watching. Not so that he sees she's happy but maybe, just maybe, he'll fall for her smile just as hard as she fell for his." — Anonymous.

Martina's pov

Martina's pov

It had been around three days since Jorge and I last argued about something. Arguing hadn't seemed to be an option anymore and almost everyone noticed the difference between us and the impact changing could have on the two of us.

I looked at the time and groaned. Saturdays always meant netflix and snacks for me but ever since Jorge and I had planned on going to starbucks with our friends, I couldn't do that. To be even more specific, I needed to be there in about thirty minutes.

"Tini! Wake up!" I blocked Jorge's voice by putting two pillows against my ears, groaning as he entered my bedroom.

"You're so lazy." He chuckled as I dropped the pillows and put one of them beneath me so that my face landed firm on the pillow as I sucked in breath.

"Go away." I whined, just wanting my beauty sleep.

I imagined Jorge rolling his eyes at that as he continued talking. "Come on, get up." He kept repeating as he came closer until he was  standing right beside my bed but I shook my head stubbornly and refused once again. Which I knew was a bad idea but I couldn't let go of my bed just yet.

"I'll literally carry you down all the way downstairs if you don't get out from bed right now." I turned around at the sound of his voice and noticed the smirk plastered on his face while he was talking. But I shook my head one more time, still refusing it despite his little threats.

"You wouldn't- Oh my god, Jorge!" I felt how his hands wrapped around my waist as he picked me up as easily as a feather – quite literally - and laid my whole body weight over his shoulder. I was stunned by his sudden actions and didn't even notice that he was on his way downstairs.

"Don't you freaking dare going downstairs with me like this. If you trip, I'll break all the bones in my body." I exaggerated the minute I saw the large gap between my face and the floor.

"But if I don't then we'll be fine." He said slyly and was about to take a step downstairs as I screamed. "Okay fine! I'll do it! I'll make myself ready or whatever!" Jorge put me down immediately after I'd said those words as I imagined how wide his smirk would get after this.

"That's my sweet girl." He said and patted me on the head as I took his hand and threw it away.

"Jerk." I muttered under my breath, but made sure he'd hear it perfectly fine as I went straight to the bathroom. While walking, I'd feel Jorge's gaze on my back as it made me quite nervous as I gulped and pretended as if everything was fine.