Chapter 26

My dad was trying to help me come up with Kat's middle name since I was riding shotgun in his car next to him.

Well....he tried I guess....

His suggestions were...interesting to say the least.

But I eventually came up with her middle name even though it's generic.

Whatever.

Oh and also, you guys had better be very thankful for all of my hard work and effort with this chapter. I had to research a bunch of law stuff and my search history has suffered almost as much as my brain.

RIP
***
"Katrina Elizabeth Scott, you have been charged with a Class D Felony for Unauthorized Use Of Computer Networks, First Degree Murder, Felony Murder, Conspiracy for Cyber Crimes, Conspiracy for Crimes Against a Private Organization, Homicide, and Conspiracy for Attempts to Carry Out Mass Genocide."

Kat raised an eyebrow as the judge read off the charges.

"Really? That's it? All my years of hard work and that's all I get?"

Her lawyer gave her an annoyed look from the other side of the massive council chamber.

"Does she not know how to shut up?" Thor whispered to Loki from the back of the chamber.

Loki looked more annoyed than the lawyer.

"Apparently not." He replied.

They turned their attention back to Kat, who stood in the center of the chamber, her hands chained in front of her and her head held high, ready to accept whatever fate lay in store for her.

"How do you plead to the charges as read?" The judge asked.

Kat sighed and mentally prepared herself to answer to the arraignment.

"Guilty."

Thor raised an eyebrow at the same time Loki facepalmed.

"I swear that woman will be the death of me." Loki muttered with a groan muffled by his leather jacket.

"We can leave if you want." Thor said, attempting to place a comforting hand on Loki's back.

"I already told you that I need to be here for this and I'm not going back on my word."

The blonde sighed and turned his attention back to Kat, who was currently listening to her synopsis and facts being read off by the judge.

"Do you agree with the facts previously listed?" The judge asked.

Kat nodded.

"Yes."

They had moved on to the plea inquiry.

"Are you pleading guilty voluntarily?"

"Yes."

"Do you understand that by pleading guilty, you are admitting to facts that make up a criminal offence?"

Kat nodded again.

"Yes."

"Do you understand the consequences of a guilty plea, including that you are giving up your right to have a trial by pleading guilty?"

"Yes."

"Do you understand that I, the judge do not have to follow the sentence that your lawyer and/or the Crown are recommending?"