2

Okay, so for this chapter I think I'll be writing the whole thing in Cedric's POV, because I am indecisive and can't get everything across with just one viewpoint. Tell me if you like it or if I should just stick to Evan's POV! Like before, please let me know what I need to improve or what you liked about my writing!!

CEDRIC'S POV

Hopping off the train surrounded by  friends, I could not wait for this year to begin, as I knew something most students had yet to find out. Hogwarts would be hosting the Triwizard Tournament, and I was determined to compete. Smiling along while hopping into the horseless buggies I noticed a trio of three rambunctious girls in the cart directly in front of us. Apparently I'm not the only one to notice, as my best friend, Cameron Paul, leans into my ear and mentions how it really is going to be a good year while nodding at the blonde Ravenclaw  facing towards us in the buggy. I would be blind to not notice the beauty the two girls facing us; the other had short black hair and  milky white skin. The girl with her back turned had yet to show her face, but she had an unruly mane of light colored hair. The other girls, the dark haired and the curly headed one, seemed to be wearing Hufflepuff scarves. Something moving in the trees along the path draws my attention away from the girls. After squinting I realize exactly what the unidentified creature is. It is the fattest Siamese cat I have ever seen,  and it is approaching the girl's buggy, looking about ready to pounce. Before I could even blink, it jumps up right next to the Hufflepuff with the crazy hair. While reveling at the odd sight before me, the cat decides to surprise me even further by jumping up on the girl's shoulder and laying down, seemingly defying all laws of physics. None of the inhabitants in the buggy seem particularly surprised by such a curious sight, making my interest peak.

"Cameron, how have I never met these girls before? They seem exceptionally interesting," I whisper to Cameron, who was also gaping at the strange sight.

"What are y'all talking about? Why are y'all whispering?" my other friend sitting across from us with his back facing the peculiar cat, Dallas, questioned. His frustration towards us was evident, clearly put out that we weren't including him in our conversation.

"Oh Ced, are you actually interested in them? It's been a long time since you were inquiring about girls, about time! You've come to the right place, I might as well give you the run down of  those beauties. That sinfully gorgeous platinum blonde Ravenclaw is Katherine Singer. Pureblood. She is the smartest girl out of all the 5th years, even including Cho Chang. From what I hear, she was offered a position on the Ravenclaw quidditch team as a Chaser, but wanted to focus more on her studies. She's gorgeous but from what I've heard quite temperamental and a little psycho. She only really gets along with the professor, her two best friends, and whoever she happens to be dating at the time, which is going to be me this year. The dark haired Hufflepuff with the porcelain skin is Rebecca Clarke. Also pureblood and also gorgeous. People are convinced she is half veela, as she has an unearthly ability to seduce any man she wants with a flash of her eyelashes. She's a bit ditsy from what I've heard and also a little crazy, but more in the sense of just super eccentric. Picture Professor Trelawney and you've got the idea," Cameron commentated, feeling smug with the knowledge that while he may fail out this year, at least he knows the scoop on all the important stuff, such as girls. 

"But what about the other Hufflepuff with the giant cat on her shoulder? She's gotta have a story," I whisper urgently, wanting to know more and seeing the buggy in front of us is almost to the dropoff point, meaning they'll be within earshot of us soon.

"Hm, I believe that is Evan something? Also a 5th year. I haven't heard much about her, although every time I see her she is either surrounded by people or dazing off while wandering the halls. Seems nice enough, pretty sure she's muggle born. Oh also I heard she dated a Slytherin last year or something of that sort, although that could be just one of those rumors," Cameron continued. When Cameron mentioned Slytherin, I could've sworn the cat looked at me and the girl tensed up, although her friends remained the same so it must've just been my imagination. There's no way someone's hearing is that good.

Dallas glanced behind us at the girl and looked back at us excitedly. "Oh her. That is Evan Lucas.  My sister had Potions with her, and claims she is the nicest person at our school and perhaps even ever. All the younger students love her, I've on occasion even seen her walking with Slytherins and supposedly even Snape is said to have a slight soft spot for her. I've heard she is a bit odd, however, always walking around with books clutched to her chest. I mean look at her, she's got a bloody cat sitting on her shoulder!" Dallas shouted the end and even pointed, clearly carried away. He accidentally drew the attention of the subject of our conversation, as her shoulders noticably stiffened; so much so that the cat had to jump off. Even her two friends seemed to have heard and were hurtling death glares at us, whispering no doubt the plans to murder us.

Of course the timing was just perfect enough for their buggy to stop seconds later, allowing Katherine, the Ravenclaw, to hop down and march over to us. "Who would've thought that Hufflepuffs would prove to be even more immature and unkind than Slytherins? How dare you stand there whispering about my friend! If you want to get the scoop on someone just ask her next time instead of gossiping like middle school girls and discussing things you know nothing about. Honestly you guys are intolerable," Katherine shouts in anger, whirling on her heels and reuniting with the other girls who are climbing out of the buggy. Even the cat hisses at us before jumping down and disappearing into the brush surrounding the drop off. I fumble while jumping out of the buggy, attempting to find the trio and apologize, but they've already blended into the sea of students walking to the castle. Trying to catch up, I see a glimpse of platinum blonde hair, but it turns out to be a 4th year Ravenclaw, not Katherine. Defeated, I just waited for Cameron and Dallas to catch up with me before continuing the trek up to the castle.

"Don't beat yourself up, old chap, if she's the nicest person ever, surely she'll be able to forgive us! Although her friend Katherine looked about ready to strangle us, do you think that blew my chances to get with her? I mean it was dark and all happened so fast, surely I'll be fine, right? Maybe if I make a big show of apologizing, she'll fall in love with me. Isn't that how it works in the movies?" Cameron rambled on, too preoccupied with the idea that he already screwed up with his recent conquest to notice the anger I felt towards all of us for being such stereotypical guys. I couldn't believe I let my curiosity allow me to make such a fool of myself and allowing my friends to form my opinions about people I have never met. Walking into the castle, I made a mental note to find Evan in the Great Hall and smooth everything out during dinner, else my conscience be forever ruined.
_____________

What do y'all think? Hope y'all liked this chapter! I'm forewarning y'all and probably will again, but I am constantly going back and making changes to the chapters so just know that in advance, although they'll never be anything minor!

qotd: what is your favorite color?

aotd: definitely yellow (and not just because I'm a Hufflepuff)