19

Evan's POV

Watching Cedric in that arena had Evan's emotions in a ball of nerves. She looked down at her nails and saw she had nervously bit them all off. However, all the nerves and terror she felt while Cedric almost get toasted was all worth it when he acquired the egg. His entire face lit up and she had never seen him look so proud and it warmed her heart. When he looked at her, his smile somehow got even wider and Evan felt her cheeks warm.

One of the professors led him back to the tent and out of her sight. Before she could even turn to Bekah, she felt an aggressive shaking of her body from her best friend violently grabbing her in excitement.

"Evangeline Lucas, did you just see how he looked at you? DID YOU SEE THAT? The tension was so freaking strong I thought I was choking WHEN are y'all just going to get together?!" she shouted at the top of her lungs while she continued to shake Evan. People turned around to look at the comotion she was making.

Embarrassed beyond measure, Evan quickly threw her hand over her blabbing mouth before she could further expose her. "One, I need you to calm down right now, people are staring and I am so not a fan. Two, It is not a thing Bekah, so please don't go on saying that. I am just.. We're still trying to figure out exactly what we are, but we really don't need your input. Whatever happens, happens," Evan assured her, wanting to not talk about this in the middle of the tournament.

She just smirked and turned back to the arena, knowing full well she would grill the little blonde with questions tonight. Watching as the next Champion came out, Evan couldn't focus. Even though she knew Cedric would be fine, his face had still gotten pretty burned and her mind couldn't help but think the worst. Realizing she was further destroying her nails, she decided to actually act on what she was feeling and made a move to leave.

"Oh going to see your Lover Boy are you? But y'all are just friends, sureee," Bekah teased her when she saw her starting to leave. Giving up on winning this conversation, Evan sent her a sarcastic comment and exitted the stands to make her way over to the tent. On her way over, Evan wasn't paying attention to where she was going and accidentally ran into a huge mass. Looking up, she realized it was none other than Professor Moody.

A dark cold feeling flooded into her body and she was left speechless. Moody looked her up and down, his penetrating gaze leaving Evan's skin burning. Before she could back away, he grabbed her arm and abrasively said "I'd watch who you run into, Mrs Lucas, you never know what might happen." And with that he was gone.

But with his absence brought a sense of nausea. Evan couldn't see straight and her head was pounding. She tried to find a place to sit down before she fell and made her way towards a chair just a few feet from her. The pain in her head intensified and she lost her balance. Before she could hit the ground, she felt someone grab her. The pressure from whoever was supporting her allowed her to regain her composure, the pain swelling down to merely a throb.

Looking up, she saw none other than Dallas, who had a concerned look in his eyes. "Evan, what just happened? I saw Professor Moody walking away briskly and then come to see you almost pass out, are you okay?" he asked, eager for answers.

Evan thought for a minute before telling him everything. How she had this terrible feeling all day. The oddly familiar encounter with Moody. The pain and disarray of her mind afterwards. Once she had finished she added, "Please don't tell Cedric, I don't need him worried about me okay? Today is his day and I don't want him to miss out on that because he is worried about me and everything. I'm sure this is just a one time thing, maybe just aftershock of the whole Christopher situation. I'm going to go see him right now and make sure he's okay, I promise I'm fine Dallas." And with that, she walked away towards Cedric's tent.

Pushing the flap back, she searched the room for him but only found a nervous looking Harry pacing the room. Seeing her enter, he knew exactly why she was there and gestured towards the back of the tent, just out of her view. Sending him a quick thanks, she bristly walked over, shooting Harry an appreciative smile. She walked past the fold of the tent and saw Cedric on a cot with a bandage hiding half his face. A wave of stress hit Evan. She knew that Madame Pomfrey could fix anyone but in the back of her mind there was always that uncertainty. She wanted nothing more than to run to his side and coddle him, but didn't want anyone to overwhelm him.

Instead she decided to just calmly approach him and sit quietly. He looked up at her approaching form and broke out into a huge smile, but Evan could see the pain in his one visible eye, the other hidden under the bandage as well. Evan flashed him a soft smile and sat down at a chair at the head of his cot.

"How are you feeling?" she asked quietly, not wanting to pressure him into talking if he wasn't feeling well.

"You should see the other guy," he joked, breaking into a wide smile, if only for her sake. Evan's heart warmed and her nerves were calm; he would be okay. Scooting closer they dove into a playful conversation about his outrageously risky maneuver to retrieve the egg, and they laughed. Somewhere in the middle, Evan had grabbed his hand gently and held it in her lap, soothing both of them. It served as a reminder that he was still here, still alive and okay.

In the middle of their discussion about her old baby golden Padfoot, whom Evan was convinced was the dog that she saw in the arena with Cedric, there was a bright flash, pulling them back to reality. Evan whipped her head in the direction of the flash and her face fell. There stood the infamous Rita Skeeter with a devious grin on her face. Her little sidekick next to her had the camera up to her eye and had a similar look. "Oh this will definitely be in the paper. You're a busy man, aren't you Mr Diggory. You're going to get in trouble one of these days," she said underhandedly. Her and her little minion spun around and exited the tent once more.

Evan looked back at Cedric, whose face was pale and looked unwell. "Cedric, are you alright? What did she mean about that?" Evan asked, squeezing his hand reassuredly. His eyes met hers and he looked almost ashamed. What was going on with him? He opened his mouth to speak but before he could get anything out, Dumbledore burst into the tent, followed by the other Champions, all looking worse for wear.

Taking that as her cue to leave, Evan sent Cedric one last look, still worried about what Skeeter said, but quietly slipped out the back of the tent. Hopefully it was nothing and he would explain tomorrow.

-----------------

DUN DUN DUN!!!! lol y'all already know what's gonna happen rip. What did y'all think?  Also sorry but I'm not even proofreading forgive me it's AP testing month!!

Also sending prayers to all the others who are also in the middle of exams and finals and AP tests, we're almost there! I hope y'all liked this chapter, can I just say how excited I am for this next chapter cuz there will be DRAMAAA ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Okay sorry I'm super hyper haha okay let me know your thoughts okay goodbye!! I'll be updating in the next few days I promise!