5

I think I might skip forward a couple of weeks, just to develop the plot, not trying to rush anything yanno? Plus I want to get to the exciting parts of the story *cough Triwizard Tournament cough*

EVAN'S POV (third person)

Since the first night, Evan hadn't had the chance to see Cedric unless it was passing in between classes and across the Great Halls during meals. In fact she was too busy getting back into the swing of things with the hardest academic year ahead of her with O.W.L.S drawing nearer. Most days it took everything out of her to appear cheerful when all she wanted to do was scream. Evan knew that times would only get worse when the students from the other two schools visited in a few days, seeing as it was already October.

Pacing down a quieter hallway on a Saturday afternoon, all Evan wanted was a place away from everything and everyone, if even for a moment. Even Charming, following at her feet, could feel the distress falling off the girl. As if the castle heard her quiet plea, a huge set of double doors swung open, revealing a huge, empty room. Intrigued, she walked through the doors to investigate further, Charming following closely behind. Upon closer inspection, the room seemed to be devoid of anything but a easel with a table next to it supplying paints and paper on which to paint, along with a stool. Next to that was a cat bed with a dish full of fishy treats, Charming's favorite. She couldn't believe her luck.

Evan didn't see the harm in sitting down and testing it out, so that is exactly what she did. Picking up one of the brushes from the far of clean water, a sigh came from Evan's bones. She couldn't remember the last time she painted, it must've been years ago. Feeling lighter with every completed piece, she painted for what felt like hours, unable to stop for fear that she would wake up from such a wonderful dream. She didn't even have time to think about what she painted, only following instinct. It wasn't often she found time or inspiration to paint, so she ran with it until hours later. Feeling as light as a feather, Evan set down her paintbrush and relaxed.

She glanced at her paintings littering the floor, still drying. She saw all her friend's faces, as well as her dad and sister, suspecting her brother's painting was just hiding. She caught sight of favorite creatures, like the Thestrals she visited in the forest frequently, Buckbeak, Fawkes, and several of the house-elves from the kitchen. There were several paintings with nods to her professors; there was a beautiful brewing potion inspired from Potions class and McGonagall's Animagus form of a wide eyed cat. Evan thought she even saw Mrs. Norris half hidden by another painting. She blushed when she saw that one grey eyed dark haired boy was painted on more than one paper, refusing to accept something that even her subconscious knew. Shoving that thought into the back of her mind, she felt more content and accomplished than she had all term. Although she wasn't fantastic, for being out of practice and spontaneous, she was proud of each painting.

Hearing her stomach grumble loudly, she realized how much time had truly escaped her and did not want to miss another dinner, knowing it was one of the last ones before the guests arrived. Quickly gathering up the collection of dried paintings and neatly putting them in her satchel, Evan ran to the door she came in from, Charming running out as well, and sprinted to the Great Hall as fast as she could, feeling in high spirits. Busting through the door, she was relieved that dinner had just started. She saw Dumbledore eating as well and wanted to ask him about the mysterious room she was just in. Dumbledore smiled at her as she approached him.

"Dumbledore, how are you this evening?" she asked, while realizing that in her busy, she hadn't had the time to go visit him.

"Oh I am quite well, Evan, it is quite kind of you to ask. You are looking much better than you were even at lunch. Pray tell, why are you late to dinner?" he questioned, with a knowing twinkle in his eye.