Chapter 3

The Capitol was unlike anything I'd ever seen! It was beautiful, yet strange, yet horrible. The people, their skin was tinted their hair was died different colors and those clothes and the make up-ugh. I stood up and ran to the window. Everyone there was pushing to get a glimpse, like we were some kind of a movie star. I smiled.

"Come on, come on. We have to get there for the tribute parade!" Effie pushed me and Harry through a door. She pushed us onto a mat and then some others started to wax off leg hair and other things too. This was all a haze for me, until the people who waxed me pushed me through a doorway into a room.

"Hello, I'm Perrie" The woman who was inside waiting for me said. "And you must be Julia." I nod, unable to speak. "Well, I'm your dresser, I'm going to make your outfit for the tribute parade." I nod again. "So, we usually dress tributes according to the district, right?" I nod for the third time.

"So what-" I start.

"Are we going to use for you? Come see." I followed her.

I looked down at my outfit, or maybe some called it a costume. They attached metal pieces together to form a type of armor, then weapons at the sides were sharp and as if ready to be used.

"Wow, you did a great job!" I tell Perrie, and Simon, Harry's dresser.

Thank you. Now go out their and impress all of Panem!" Perrie got us into our chariot. We rolled slowly, after district eleven.

I could hear thousands of voices roaring, chanting. I held onto the side of the chariot, feeling the slightest bit nauseous. We rolled until we were beside Megan Rotherham and Calum Hood, then, we waited until we was beside district eleven. Then, President Snow walked up to a microphone.

"Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!" The crowd roared. The chariots drove away and soon I could feel Perrie and Simon helping me out of my chariot while Harry climbed out.

"That was amazing!" Perrie grinned. I managed a smile.

"Well, I felt like I was gonna puke!" I fake gagged. Perrie and  Simon smiled.

"Lets go to your rooms!" Effie suggested. We nodded and followed her. Harry and I went up to the second floor, washed up, and went to our separate rooms to get ready. I dress in a simple black outfit and walk down. I sit down at the table, next to Perrie and Effie. Then, the food comes in. Everything I ever wanted. Creamy soups, juicy meats, mouthwatering fruits and veggies, and delicious desserts. I fill in on everything and dive in. So does Harry, although everyone else just eats since they are used to this.

"So... Good!" I say when I'm done. I sit back and then say, "I'm done, I'm going to sleep."

"Good idea, you'll need energy!" Effie says. I nod and go to my room. I brush my teeth and then change. I get inside the bed and fall asleep immediately.

My dreams are dark and disturbing. The arena, as if I've been in there already. Iwake up, sweating. I get out of bed and change again. I walk down to breakfast, tiredly.

"Good morning Julia!" Perrie says brightly. I nod and get breakfast. I dig in, not noticing anything else. I finish quickly, and everyone else in done soon as well.

"Lets go training." Harry yawns. I nod in agreement and Effie stands.

"Alright now then, come on." She brings us to the training room.

I take one look around and my only reaction is "Woah!"