Chapter 6

I woke up with a start and sat up straight. The curtains were covering my window and I got out of bed and pulled them apart. The smell of roses came washing over me. I sighed unhappily and then looked at the sun. It was just rising so I figured it was dawn. I yawned and changed. I wore the exact outfit that was required for private training, when my nerves came back. I shook them away and went down to breakfast. I ate a huge serving and listened to conversations again, then, I felt dizzy all of sudden. Woozy. I had a headache. I could barely manage the words "Be right back", before I ran to the bathroom and got all nervous. Then, without warning, I brought up my breakfast.

I threw up 3 more times before I was satisfied. The taste in my mouth was terrible. My nerves were gone, as ifI threw them up along with all the other filth that was going down the drain. I washed it out and added about 42 more air fresheners in there, then I brushed my teeth for five minutes. Then I sucked on peppermint and chewed gum until I felt that the taste was gone. I then went back down to Kyr'a and Jason and sighed with satisfaction.

"Alright, Julia and Harry!" Kyra said exitedly, clutching her hands together. "Time to get ready for your private training sessions!" I gulped and twisted my hair into a tight bun, then let it go, chewing my lip. As we walked down to the training place I royal braided my hair. I sat on the cold bench next to Harry. Only Calum and Megan, Barbara and Niall were there. I sat down between them and Harry did the same. We waited and the bench began to fill up. 1-12, that's how it went every year.

"Megan Rotherham" A voice announced. The sessions were beginning. After a while, they announces, "Calum Hood" I gulped again. Next would be me. I suddenly felt th someone took hold of my hands so I looked up to see that it was Harry.

"You're going to be fine Julia, I know that for a fact. You're an amazing fighter, you're definatley going to win this." Harry spoke, my heart fluttered. "Harry I have no chance of winning. I feel like a weak limb dog. I'm a sore big fat loser" 

"You can do this" Harry whipsered looking deeply into my eyes. His eyes were a beautiful forest green, I could get lost in them forever. I quickly snapped out of my gaze, I can't fall in love. We're supposed to be enemies. I can't be taken into that black hole, not a chance. When I heard my name being called. "Julia Moskal" I stood up shakily and took tiny steps to the training place. I looked back at Harry, him nodding and gesturing for me to go.  Eventually, Barbara stood up and pushed me in. I stumbled inside.

"Julia Moskal" I tried to sound strong but my voice betrayed me.

"You may begin." The head game maker looked at me. I nodded and started with archery. I shot some targets and then climbed a tree. I slid down and took some steps towards the throwing knives. The game makers watched my every step. I quickened my pace and arrived in front of the knife selection. I picked a slim one, hard to use. A game maker snickered as I be didn't believe I could do it. Anger rose up inside of me and I aimed at the target. It took me a long time and I looked like I was preparing to hit the head. Without warning, my hand it the 'move button’, and they began to highlight. I switched gears and hit another target right in the center of the heart target. The game makers stared at me as I'd they couldn't believe what they were seeing and I curtsied and put the knife down. The head nodded and I smiled and walked out the other exit. Back to my floor. The feeling of excitement of my score and satisfaction filled me.

The rest of the day until the scoring as a blur. I remember Harry coming in and he and Effie and some others were talking about what he did, until the scoring was on. Harry and Effie kept talking but his eyes were staring at me. Effie tapped a button and a picture of Caesar Fletcherman appeared on the black marble wall.

"Woah!" I murmured. Effie smiled at me and Caeser began to speak.

As you all know, the tributes are scored from 1-12... Megan, 9. Calum, 9. Harry, 10. Julia, 11." I couldn't hear the rest, only see them because the screaming and yelling after that was chaos. For Harry, then me.

"An eleven!" Euphoria, a victor, and Coral, and other victor were asking me how I did it. I just shrugged and said "My talents." Coral shrieked with laughter and Euphoria smiled. I saw the golden fangs that the Capitol gave Euphoria for ripping out another tributes throat and shuddered. But I kept smiling. Harry pounded me on the back (Of course, it HURT!), and I turned around. "I told you could do it" he looked into my eyes. "Yeah, you're score was good though too!" I said. I really have to friend zone him pretty quickly, I have to show him I'm tough and I can't be a sweet girl like he thinks I am. We got pulled away when Perrie grabbed my arm and made me turn around and she pointed towards Effie, squinting her eyes from laughing. Effie lost her wig. I found out that Effies real hair color was... Well she actually had no hair. I tried hard I keep from laughing.