16

TH

"D-Daddy?"...
I pause and turn around, d-did he just say daddy? No no no, I must have heard him wrong! As if in cue kookie spoke again, a bit louder this time.
"Daddy, don't leave me." He put his hands in the air and pouted.

I walk over to him and he slowly lowers his arms, I sit down next to him and smile. "Kookie, your Dad is gone right now. He will be home soon ok." His bottom lip starts to tremble.

"B-but you are here, daddy. Your not gone." Tears escape his eyes as he sits up and starts crying. "Oh, you mean me baby?" I pull him into a hug and he stops crying a bit, why is he calling me daddy? .... And why do I kinda like it?

"Yes, you are my daddy! Why would you lie to kookie and say you gone, but you here!" He pouted and looked at me with puppy eyes. "I'm sorry kookie, I thought you meant you real Dad. Not Daddy." I said to him and smiled.

He looked up at me and giggled, "Your so silly daddy, I forgive you!" I nod and smile, he lays back down on the bed and I lay next to him like he asked. I caress his head and whisper sweet nothings in his ear to help him sleep better. I get tired myself in the process and knocked out hold kookie in my arms.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~short chapter sorry! But happy birthday V! I love you all, I appreciate all votes and comments! I'm miss active readers... 😞❤️