Chapter 8

Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi had snuck in the castle through a hidden door. Crawling through a elevated vent, the trio made their way to the castle's main halls.

"Mario, get your rear out of my face! I can smell your farts!" Luigi complained.

"Get your face out of my rear!" Mario retorted.

Yoshi smelled the air as if he was searching for a new scent. As he tried to sniff out the exit, he felt his nostrils burn up with a itching sensation while his eyes started watering up. Luigi noticed and covering Yoshi's nostrils.

"No, Yoshi! Don't sneeze!" Luigi said.

After a moment, Luigi removed his finger. Yoshi sighed in relief, believing the itching was gone.

Boy was he wrong.

Yoshi let out a massive "ACHOOO!!!" that shook the whole vent. The rocks beneath the trio gave way as they plummeted onto the hard floor of the castle halls. The trio got up, relieved that nobody was there to see them fall.

"You are so lucky nobody's patrolling the hallway...." Luigi muttered.

Yoshi shrugged with a nervous smile on his face. The trio made their way through the intricate, dark halls of the castle, careful not to run into Bowser or his minions. As odd at it was, no one was patrolling the halls, save for two guards that happened to be sentient Pirahna Plants.

"A'ight, who goes there?" One of the plants demanded.

"Stu, you said I was gonna tell 'em "Who goes there?"! You promised!" The other plant whined.

"Well, I lied, Pid! I only said that so you'd shut up. God, you're so annoying!" Stu groaned. Mario and Luigi looked at each other in bewilderment.

"Talking Venus Flytraps? Now I've seen everything." Mario said.

"Mario, what are we gonna do? Those giant Venus Flytraps are blocking our path! We can't get through." Luigi exclaimed.

"Maybe we can reason with them... Come on, guys." Mario replied, walking up towards the Piranhas with Luigi and Yoshi.

"Hey, dudes. You ain't allowed in here! Go back to where you came from, bozos!"

"Yeah! Go back home!"

"Let me handle this, Pid!"

"Why don't you let me do anything, Stu?!"

"Because you suck at this job and you're an idiot!"

"No, you're an idiot!"

Mario watched as the two plants began fighting with each other. He rolled his eyes as he cleared his throat.

"HEY!" Mario yelled, grabbing Stu and Pid's attention.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, you can't pass through these halls! Unless.... you solve our riddle!" Stu said.

"A riddle?" Luigi asked.

"Yes! A riddle! If you answer our riddle correctly, we'll let you pass. If you fail, We'll-"

"WE'LL THROW SPIKY SHELLS IN YOUR FACE!"

"SHUT UP, PID!"

Stu angrily slapped Pid in the face with a leaf, yelling in frustration. He turned to the two plumbers and dinosaur right afterwards.

"I'm so sorry, guys. Pid got dropped on the head when he was a sapling. He's been a complete moron ever since." Stu said.

"Uh... Can you tell us the riddle, please?" Mario asked.