1

Author's Note: FYI This story is discontinued and it will not be updated again. Many apologies to those who wish for this to continue.

The doctor dabbed his forehead with a handkerchief and hesitantly approached the bed where a woman, now a mother, clutched to her lover's hand and looked endearingly in each other's eyes. Bags collected under their eyes, it had been a rough night after she was rushed to the hospital, her water breaking during the night.

The doctor nervously stood there, his presence going unnoticed by the two who were too enchanted under each other's gaze, the woman's lover whispering sweet words in hushed tones and sitting beside each other. The doctor coughed into his fist, attracting their attention before adjusting his glasses. On cue, the two looked over and almost like they just remembered, they recalled the situation and shot up. Rather red in the face.

"Pardon me, if I intruded on anything private...Mr and Mrs (Last Name)," the doctor said, smiling slightly, "but I do believe you would like to know the conditions of your new baby girl in the hospital nursery. Congratulations, by the way."

"What do you mean by... "conditions" doctor? Is our baby alright? Oh god, I don't know what I would do if she was-" The woman started, tearing up slightly but her husband patted her back soothingly and kissed her forehead, calming her down instantly.

"Your baby is quite alright, Mrs (Last Name)," the doctor assured though he still appeared on edge and doubtful, "it's just... something's strange with her. Nothing bad but still oddly bizarre and out-the-ordinary."

The father spoke up, raising a brow, "out-the-ordinary? Please get straight to the point, doc. The suspense is literally killing my wife." He motioned to his wife who was breathing heavily and fanned her watering eyes, "Honey, I-I'm not crying or dying. YOUR CRYING!"

The doctor scratched his cheek, laughing dryly, "w-well, if you insist, I can happily take you to your baby and you can see first hand what I mean. I assure you if anything it's rather beautiful." He genuinely smiled at the thought and gazed at the couple for agreement. Both of them looked at each other, the husband wiping away his loves tears before exchanging a confident nod. "Yes please, doctor, that would be appreciated."

After fitting the mother into a wheelchair, the couple were wheeled and ushered in front of a soundproof glass, where isles of babies were bundled in adorable pink or blue blankets. The two parents glanced over the wave of newborns, frowning as they did not see their child.

"Where's my baby (Name)?" The mother asked and the doctor pointed to one cradle in the corner, which the parent hadn't notice before and saw multiple nurses crowded around, cooing at the baby or gasping in awe. The father glared and his eyebrows furrowed, "why on earth are they crowded around my child."
His wife elbowed him lightly in the rib, smirking playfully, "protective father eh? Still, they should really back the fuck up."

"Honey, really? We're in a hospital."
"So? I swear when I want to."

"Well that's the thing Mr (last name), Mrs (last name)," the doctor affirmed, "I've never seen a cuter baby in my entire life working at this hospital and her cuteness is something because of her quirk. And that's what bizarre about her." The doctor mentioned it and now that he mentioned superpowers, the gazelle horns pointing out his head; the mother's natural purple lips and the fathers feathery/furry arms became too obvious.

Stepping in the nursery, he swatted away the nurses and subtly motioned to the parents waiting on the other side of the glass. The nurses bowed in apology before shuffling away but Mrs (last name) heard their giggles from a mile away. Sneaky shits, she thought, but she knew her husband would be more disappointed nurses were acting like school girls. But seeing his calm expression, she guessed this time he wouldn't mind.

Very gently, the doctor rolled the cradle out the nursery and settled it in front of the parents, who gasped softly at the sight.

"She's a..."

"A deer?"
They finished each other's sentences as they gazed down at their child, who in fact was a deer but not entirely.

"She's a half-deer."

"Well no shit doc, but how? No one in our family tree has ever been associated with a quirk being a centaur of any sorts!?" The woman cried out, not too loud as her child was sleeping soundlessly. Looking back down, her child, who she and her husband confirmed her name would be (Name), was certainly a centaur. Instead of human legs, the girl had the torso of a deer, soft in colour and a fluffy tail. In addition, she had the cutest of soft deer ears, replacing her human ears and the woman faintly saw the outlines of antlers grazing her crown. Almost on cue, the baby reader sneezed in her sleep and her doe legs were replaced with humans with a small pop, though everything else deer-related remained. Sneezing again, her legs were back to deer.

The woman began tearing up again, her child was a natural beauty, "ahh shit, she's beautiful!" She sniffed and her husband facepalmed. "We are in a Hospital, remember? My love? But I still don't understand... how is she a deer? No one on my sides a deer and neither is my wife... don't tell me you've-"

His wife, mortified by the thought, looked sternly at her husband, "I would never cheat on you sweetheart! I'm still confused at this as much as you are! How this cutie is possible!"

The doctor chuckled though quickly coughed, "I apologise for laughing, but we ran a DNA test and she certainly is yours. There have been incidents before where a child had a total contradicting quirk to their parents before. Though majority, unfortunately, have been affairs, the fair few were miracles like this. Born with a new quirk entirely." He motioned to small (Name) who barely had any hair on top of her head.

The mother closed her agape mouth in relief and gently scooped up her baby in her arms, holding her close as her husband held both her shoulders and leaned over to gaze at his family.

"She's a special one, isn't she? My love." The husband grinned while the mother hummed in response. At a sudden thought, she chuckled, "I have a feeling this little cutie going to grow up a little shit head. But a good Shithead though, my little rebel who gonna fight for justice."

"Specific much but, I agree too. She's going to be great in her own way. Maybe she'll take over the family business, who knows but I know she's going to do great."

And on that day, a cute but little shithead was born. (Last Name) (First Name). And no one imagined how she would grow up the way she did. An actual little shithead but one with a heart of gold and this is her story.