13

It happened out of nowhere... And, [Name] was fucking terrified.

A purple vortex, out of nowhere, appeared out of thin air and villains trickled out like rain. For a while, (Name's) mind was blank, what the fuck was happening? Why weren't any alarms going off? And before she knew it, (Name), like the rest of her group, was split and scattered across the USJ. She was in a place where the building had collapsed - an earthquake area maybe? All she could hear and feel was the pounding of her heart, hammering in her ears.

For a while, she was idly walked about and despite villains had just attacked... She saw none. Where had they all gone? Where were her classmates? She was losing her sanity over the ordeal.

And almost as if the incident had somehow resolved itself, she was proven heavily wrong. Her heart jumped in her throat and she nearly buckled over. The reason they were no villains around was that they were afraid, and (Name) now knew why. Her pupils dilating in fear.

"...M-mango?" The beast snapped his head towards her. "Help...Me..."

The very mutant animal was right in front of her. They whimpered in agony, metal bolts dug into his joints and a robotic spine trailed up his back; an illuminated red bulb was shoved in one of his skull's eye sockets, which was oozing black blood. They had caught him. The villains had caught him.

"They threatened me... I'm sorry... I-I had n-no other choice," Mango croaked out, thick white tears oozing out his eye sockets. "They said if I didn't join them... They... They said they would hurt you."

"M-mango... They can't..." (Name) stammered before pressing her lips firmly together. Of course, villains could hurt her but she could hold her ground. But that was the least of her concerns. "S-sweetheart I'm t-tough! They can't hurt me- Mango stop moving!"

They groaned as the robotic spine craned Mango's arms into motion, almost hauling his body over to [Name]. She couldn't utter a word, suddenly silent as she could see his pain up close, apart from scratchy gasps as she shook on the spot, her own tears pouring out her eyes relentlessly.

"The hunters took... left finally... The hunters... villains..." Mango groaned out, [Name] saw he wanted to collapse and cry on the spot but the robotic skeleton outlining his limbs and spine prevented from doing so. His muscles contracted and bulged and he was clearly holding back. "They... wanted me...for your safety."

The hunters, the villains, wanted him because he was dangerous no matter how sweet he acted.

"[N-Name], forgive me..."

Mango's muscles fluctuated a final time before the robotic skeleton made his mighty arm swing towards her direction. As if her instincts finally kicked in, [Name] rolled out away from the swift and agile hit, the attack barely slashed at her arm but the cut was still there and made her hiss. Shallow but painful. He was acting against his will.

Mango was spewing tears and bawling. "Kill me before I kill you, p-please. I don't want my only friend to die at my hand... I-I..."

"I am NOT killing you and you don't have to kill me! You just want to live in peace! Fight back!" [Name] cried back, dodging another attack by kicking away from Mango's fist pounding into the spot she had occupied seconds before, her hooved feet kicking up dust. The earth cratered where it was pummeled. Mango's head lulled back as if he wasn't even attempting to stop, his limbs shook and he paused briefly, he really didn't want to hurt her and it took a lot out of him to hold back. "You don't have to do this! I'll save you!"

" Everyone I love fears me! Your parents didn't even bother looking for me, they were scared of me and my dad so what's the point!?" Mango bawled again. "I don't want to hurt you... I don't want to hurt you... I can't stop... Run... Please... It hurts..."