9

Eyes swinging open like a loose door caught in a storm, screams awoke the deer girl as she seethed a sharp inhale.

Her eyes darted around the room, afraid and confused as the room she was - was it a room?- a nasty grey colour and a blue ominous lighting cast over her. It went on endless like the ocean. But the screams came from one direction.

From one person.

From one terrified little girl.

(Your Name) opened her mouth to yell out her name but it lingered on her tongue and silence pursued. It was like the grotesque aftertaste of vomit; you couldn't get rid of it. Her face scrunched up in anger, however, her panicked expression returned as the screams grew more agonizing and sobs were desperate. The young girl's voice was pleading, "p-please... Anyone help me!" Followed by a curt scream and more loud bawling. "It hurts! Stop it! STOP IT!"

(Your Name) stumbled from the ground and lunged into the direction of the screams. Her deers ears surveying the area for sounds. She didn't know if she was going in the right direction, all she saw was hazy greys and blacks, tinted with blue lighting. Practically running on instinct.

She had to help her. She can't leave her behind. Lose her. Not again.

"Somebody! Anybody! PLEASE!" (Your Name's) the vision began to grow blurry from her tears. Her human legs were boulders, heavy and dragging her down and the faster she tried to run, the slower she got. And (Your Name) was a fast runner.

"(Your Name)! PLEASE HELP ME! I need you!" The girl called out the deer girl's name, the shock sent her feet blundering over themselves; crashing her to the ground. Her head barely grazing the ground to smash against it.

Breathing hard, she wasted no time to prop herself up on her elbows to get up and keep running... She had too...

But it was too late.

Her beautiful purple-coloured eyes trembled as she looked up, still crouched down on her front.

They locked onto the face that had been haunting her nights.

Specifically the eyes, lifeless and glassy like a doll, pure white like a scorching fire. Tears trailed down from them, outlining the young girl's deathly pale cheeks to the corner of her lips.

"Why didn't you save me?"

(Your Name) moves her lips to reply, tears gushing down her cheeks and more seem to flow; she said nothing, all silent words.

"I... thought you loved me?" The face spoke. The deer girl screamed her words, nothing. "You could've saved me."

"Hm, from the way you look, I see you really did..." the deer girl nodded furiously and tried to reach for the girl but her arms felt like pure lead. Barely moving at all. The girl laughed, somewhat hollow and depressed, "I guess it wasn't really your fault. It never was, was it?"

She smiled it was full of sorrow, "well, you don't need to protect me anymore." Feeling herself be pulled away, the deer girl clenched her jaw as she tried to drag one arm over, to grab at what was left of her friend. "I'm dead."

With the last whiff of vanilla and cookies overwhelming the deer girl's smell as the girl grinned at her, her pink bow on top of her head so vivid in colour and joyful it made her heart bleed. "Wake up. [First Name]."

Almost as if the world was suddenly void of colour, (Your Name's) nightmare were engulfed in darkness.

"Elowen..."