Happy New Year

Stiles laughs as the pack jokes around and wrestle with each other.
They're currently at the loft to celebrate New Years Eve. Stiles and Lydia worked really hard to convince Derek to let them have a get together in his loft, and it took even longer to prepare all the food to keep all the wolves fed.
Stiles and Lydia baked and bought enough food to feed a small town, but they both know that it'll be gone by the end of the night.
Isaac and Scott are arguing over which Batman was the best, Lydia and Allison are dancing to the music they have playing, Erica, Kira, and Cora are doing each other's makeup, even convincing Jackson and Boyd to let them do theirs. To be fair though, they've all had a fairly large quantity of alcohol tonight, besides Derek and Stiles that is. The only two sober, responsible people are currently enjoying the special they have on ABC, watching as Ryan Seacrest is talking to celebrities and waiting for the ball to drop.
"So, if you planned this, why aren't you doing anything else besides sitting here watching tv?" Derek asks and Stiles shrugs.
"I'm not sure. Lydia wanted the party more than I did, but it's nice seeing everyone having fun. Besides, I'm happy just sitting here with you." Stiles smiles and Derek blushes.
"Still another half hour left. I'm assuming you also didn't have anyone to kiss?" Derek smirks and it's Stiles' turn to blush.
"No, but then again neither do you." Stiles points out.
"Touché." Derek smiles.
"Stiles! Get over here!" Lydia yells, clearly a little tipsy.
"But Lydia! I don't want to dance!" Stiles whines and Derek laughs as Lydia and Allison, followed by Scott and Isaac come over and drag him over to the small area of floor they have devoted to dancing. They wave around Stiles' arms and twirl him around to the Taylor Swift song that's blaring from the speakers.
Stiles makes eye contact with Derek and mouths out a 'help me' to him, which only makes him laugh even harder.
Eventually they all get tired of dancing, and decide to sit down on the couch, Stiles collapsing next to Derek who laughs and places an arm around the back of the couch where Stiles is sitting.
"Having fun?" He asks Stiles, and Stiles rolls his eyes playfully.
"Shut your face, Sourwolf!" He laughs in return and Derek smiles at the human for the hundredth that night. His heart swells at the feeling of love and enjoyment within his loft, watching how each pack member interacts with each other as if they really were family, which really, they were. Who could possibly say they weren't?
"GUYS!!! It's the final count down! Come on!" Isaac exclaims and the pack all crowd around the TV.
"The final minute, can you believe it?" Stiles asks Derek, to which he doesn't reply.
He simply watches Stiles for a moment before shaking his head.
"I've known you for years now. Feels like just yesterday Scott was being bit. Now you're all grown up." He replies and Stiles blushes.
"Is that good?"
"10!"
"9!"
"8!"
"7!"
"6!"
"Yea, it's good."
"5!"
"4!"
Derek caresses Stiles' cheek with his hand and forces him to look at him.
"Derek?"
"3!"
"2!"
"1!"
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"
Derek presses his lips to Stiles and is met with a gasp, but then a moan and arms wrapping around his neck and a boy practically climbing into his lap to kiss him further.
The pack break away from their New Years smooches to watch as their alpha and pack mom finally acknowledge their feelings for one another.
"Whooooo Hooooo! Go Derek! Laying the moves on Stilinski!" Jackson laughs and gets a middle finger raised at him in return.
Derek and Stiles finally break apart when neither of them can breath any longer.
"Wow." Stiles whispers.
"Happy New Year Stiles." Derek smiles and Stiles kisses him again gently once more.
"Happy New Year Der. I love you." He says and Derek blushes.
"I love you too, Stiles. You're a pain in my ass, but I would never have it any other way." Derek smile and pulls Stiles into his lap to hug him tightly.
"Soooooo are you guys like, together, now?" Erica asks.
Stiles looks up at Derek silently and Derek looks back at him.
"Well I would hope so! The guy only has one mate!" Peter pipes up from the corner, but to be fair, he's pretty drunk.
"Mate? Is he telling the truth Der?" Stiles asks and Derek blushes before nodding slowly.
"I was gonna wait to tell you, but the cat is sort of out of the bag on this one. Yes Stiles, you are my mate." Derek nods and watches Stiles nervously, unsure of how he will react.
"Oh. Well that's good then. I don't think I could ever love someone more than I love you." He smiles and Derek smiles brightly back at him.
Derek pulls Stiles into another kiss.
"Happy New Year everyone! To another year of joy, happiness, and good health!" Derek smiles to his pack.
"And to nothing trying to eat our faces off!" A drunken Isaac pipes in and they laugh at his comment.
The celebration continued for an hour and a half after midnight, resulting in a hungover pack, a drawn on Peter that Derek got revenge on for spoiling his mate surprise, and a very happy, although slightly sore after their first night as a couple, Stiles and Derek.

•••••
😅 Soooooo I actually started writing this one shot last year on New Years and it pretty much took me all year to finish it. I think it turned out short but sweet.
The time really flew by and apparently I had writers block for most of it.
My New Years Resolution is to try to finish my drafts that have been sitting unpublished for what feels like forever.
Anyway.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!