Chapter Five: What We Are

Finn's POV

"Look, they're kissing again." I groaned as I watched Rey and Ben kiss. We'd seen them kissing twice--no, thrice in two days already.

"Do you think they remember?" Poe asked me, with a hint of hope in his eyes, but I shrugged. Ever since that certain day happened, Rey and Ben's families, along with Poe and I, swore to never talk of that day again. It was something that was best to keep from them. Or at least that was what their parents thought.

"I don't know, but I hope they do. Ben and Rey should at least know what happened, and they should get back the memories they lost." I answered, and Poe and I were suddenly startled when a voice asked me a question. A question that I wasn't supposed to answer for both Rey and Ben's own good.

"What are we supposed to remember?"

Rey's POV

After Ben and I kissed, we walked around the school in silence. It was a bit awkward, since our hands were intertwined, and the feel of his hand against mine just made me blush. We were getting close to where Poe and Finn were standing, and I heard them talking about us.

"Do you think they remember?" Poe asked Finn, and Finn shrugged. Huh. Funny, what did Ben and I have to remember?

"I don't know, but I hope they do. Ben and Rey should at least know what happened, and they should get back the memories they lost." Okay, now I was just confused, and I could tell that Ben was just as confused as I was, so I decided to ask them what on earth was even going on.

"What are we supposed to remember?" I asked, out of curiosity, and both Poe and Finn looked at us nervously.

"Uh...nothing?" Poe answered, and I sighed.

"I want the truth, Poe. Is there something you're keeping from us?" I raised my eyebrows at both of the boys, and Finn cleared his throat, before opening his mouth and talking.

"I...well, how should I explain this? It all started--"

"FINN LIKES ROSE, AND HE'S GONNA ASK HER OUT!" Poe suddenly yelled, which made me jump back a bit, but I regained myself, and looked at Finn, feeling confused.

"What?" I wasn't sure whether or not to believe that the thing they seemed to hide from Ben and I was that Finn liked another one of my best friends.

"Um, sorry I didn't tell you, but I'm planning on asking her out. You wouldn't mind if I asked out one of your best friends, right?" Finn asked, and I slightly chuckled. How adorable, Finn finally admitted his feeling for Rose.

"Of course! You two would make such a perfect couple! And have you forgotten that you, Poe, Rose, and I are all best friends?" I exclaimed happily, and Finn had a blush creeping up to his cheeks.

"Okay, we better get going. We're working on the English project now, and I believe you two should too! Bye Reylo--I mean, Ben and Rey. God, I think I drank too much of my medicine today. And now I feel like I want to vomit...oh god, Finn, let's go!" What the hell is happening to him?

"Calm yourself, man, seriously. Bye guys." And they both left, leaving me and Ben with very confused faces. I don't know what to think about what just happened there.

"What was that about?" Ben asked, and I shrugged.

"Well, they are crazy and weird people, but they're my best friends so...yeah. Never mind their stupidity." I assured him, and he asked if I wanted to go home with him. I said yes this time, I mean, we needed to work on our project, and I wanted to ask him a certain question, a bit of a personal one, but I was wondering what the answer was to my question. When we both got into the car, I asked him the question that confused me.