Chapter Twelve: Darkness

Benjamin's POV

I can hear the sobs of my granddaughter from across the room. I know she had a fight with Ben; when I opened the door and saw his face, it was bloodshot, like he had been crying over something. How could this be? They were fine the last time, what could have changed between them? Suddenly, I couldn't hear any sobs anymore, so I checked in on them.

I saw the two of them kissing, and I smiled at the sight. Just like the old times.

Rey's POV

"We have a tendency to fight and kiss, don't we?" I asked Ben, as we pulled away from the kiss.

"I guess we do." He chuckled, and I smiled.

"Well...I forgot to tell you that tomorrow night, we'll be having our engagement party. I know it's fast but--"

"I can't wait." He cut me off, and it shocked me when he said that.

"We aren't even officially engaged." I pointed out, and he smirked at me.

"We will be."

~~~

"Rey! Ben's here to take you to school." My grandpa called out from the living room, while I was on my phone, watching YouTube videos. I was wearing casual clothes today; I only wore a blue tank top, black leggings, and red converse shoes, but after school, I'll probably have to wear a fancy dress or something, since tonight was my engagement party. I put my phone, grabbed my bag, then headed out the house, and stepped into Ben's car. As soon ad I got in, he gave me a warm smile.

"Since we're early today, I decided that you and I could have breakfast ar Maz's Cafe, since they also served delicious meals there." I nodded, then he started driving. I took out my phone, plugged in my earphones and put them on, then played the song "Say you won't let go", and I sang along as I heard the lyrics.

As I sang, Ben took my hand, and suddenly sang along with me.

"Say you won't let go..." Then all if a sudden, a car came in our direction, and it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon, so Ben tried to stop the car, but it still made a strong impact with the other car. The last thing I saw was a little girl calling for help as she tried to get out of a car that just crashed, before everything faded into darkness.

A/N: Cliffhanger. Dun dun dun. Well...sorry for the short chapter, but I'll be ending this book once it gets 20 chapters or more, and I'll be starting a new book by then. That book will be a Newt x OC story from the Maze Runner. Btw, please don't get angry at me for doing this. I swear, things will get better, I promise!