Chapter Eight: Frustration

"This is one of the best books I've read!" Poe exclaimed, and I slapped his chest. We were currently at a cafe, along with Ben and Finn, while Poe just cursed while he read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

"What chapter are you on?" I asked him.

"I'm at the Epilogue part! Thanks for introducing me to Harry Potter, Rey." He read the book for a few more minutes, before closing it, then handing me the book back, but I pushed back the book to him.

"Rey--"

"I have two copies of all the Harry Potter books, and I can see that you've become a Potterhead in less than a week, so I'm going to let you keep all the books you borrowed." I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me genuinely.

"Thanks, Rey."

"Don't mention it."

"Are you two done flirting?" Ben snapped coldly all of a sudden, and I looked at him weirdly. What was that for?

"Excuse me?" I snapped back, and he rolled his eyes at me.

"We've been here for just a few minutes, and instead of greeting your boyfriend, you ignore me and talk to another guy instead."

"He's my best friend, you idiot! And why are you acting jealous? You're the one who was putting your arms around every single goddamn girl we pass in school for the past week! Even when we've already started dating!" I exclaimed furiously, and he abruptly stood up, and I did the same thing as well, and we were both standing face to face with one another.

"So what? You know that I'd still like to keep up my reputation, right? It's what makes me Ben Solo!"

"Oh, so a stupid reputation at school is more important than your girlfriend? Wow! Isn't that just brilliant? I suppose you wouldn't mind if we just broke up already, so you could go--"

"Whoa, easy there, Rey. Calm down." Poe also stood up and cut me off, while rubbing my back in a soothing way. I took a deep breath, nodded, then slumped back into my seat, but decided to ignore Ben until I got home.

Poe's POV

Why is Ben acting so jealous all of a sudden? There must be something going on with him that's making him get angry all of a sudden.

"Ben, why did you act like that?"

"Cause he has anger issues." Rey mumbled, and Ben sat in his seat and pointed at her angrily.

"No, you shut up! We don't need to deal with that thing you call a mouth of yours to annoy us."

"WOULD BOTH OF YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?!" Finn suddenly yelled, making both Rey and Ben shut up.

"Good." Then Finn went back to using his phone.

"What's going on, Ben?"

"It's just...ever since I've dated Rey, people have been making fun of me. They've been saying things like, 'Ben Solo hits on nerds,' or, 'I never knew someone so smart would be stupid enough to date Rey Kenobi,' or even 'Rey's using him for his popularity.' And it just really frustrates me that even if I try to hang out with other girls, they still make fun of me."

"And do you think that you should be listening to what those people are saying about you? Hello! You're Ben Solo, a very handsome and smart student at our school, the second best student in class, and those people? They fail their exams, get drunk and do crappy things instead of studying and doing their homework, and they even answer back to their own teachers! They've got nothing on you, Ben." I told him, then he nodded his head, and looked at Rey.