The Angel

I sit down on a tree limb and Midnight whines next to me.

"Midnight, if you want to go eat, there is a lone person just over there," I scold. "You can sense them, so go on. Don't make me baby you."

After a few seconds, she takes off. I lean back against the tree and close my eyes halfway.

My name is Demon. Odd, right? Don't say anything about it, or I will come and kill you.

I feel something land next to me, but I know it's not Midnight. I stand up and draw a dagger, pointing it at the person lazily. The person looks at me, and I notice the white wings.

Angel... I think to myself. It kick starts my bloodlust, and my teeth contort. They sharpen and my wings dye black. My hair silvers and my eyes darken and turn red and black. I glare at the angel.

"What is it?" I snap.

"Angelica, you have been found guilty by the Angel council, and are to be transported to prison," he says formally.

I growl. "No," I say. I attack him and he flies up. I drop the jacket and fly upwards, stopping a little bit away.

"If you do not come willingly I will be forced to kill you," he says. I block a sword thrust as it comes, and I return it with a kick. He dodges the kick and stabs a knife into my side, and I slice downwards, taking this opportunity to stab a dagger into his heart.

He falls to the ground and I whistle. I search around me for a good place to land and take care of myself, my vision flickering as my blood lust fades. The black in my wings fades, as does the silver in my hair and the black and red in my eyes. I spot an old mansion and I set my wings into a glide. I hear Midnight flying after me, and I land on the mansion's stair. I step up and move toward the door, and I knock on it as I sense someone inside.

After a few seconds, I just hit the doors with a blast of black light, and I stumble inside. After taking a few steps, I collapse, Midnight still outside. My shadows move and cloak me as my vision fades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masky's POV

I'm just watching some TV with Hoodie when I hear a knock on the door. I sigh and get up. "I'll get it."

As I take a step toward the door, its suddenly blasted off of its hinges and evaporates into black mist. A girl with white wings and white hair stumbles in, and after three steps and collapses. A shadow stretches from her, smudging her features so I can't see anything but the outline of her figure.

"Who is it?" asks Hoodie, getting up and moving over to me.

"I don't know, but she's not human," I say.

"What is she then?" asks Hoodie. 

"She looks like an angel," I say. I grab her arms and pull her toward the couch.

Her eyes flash open, and the shadow spreads and covers the entire room in shadows. All I can see is her. Her hair turns silver, and red highlights streak through it. Her white wings stretch out halfway and black creeps down, turning it black in seconds. Her eyes darken and the pupils turn red, the whites black, like Ben's.

"Not everything is as it seems," she says, the voice coming out cold. I find myself behind the couch.

She shifts, and I spy Hoodie attacking her. She turns and fixes her gaze on him. He seizes up and I run forward, attacking her.

She looks at me, and she pulls out a pair of daggers coated in blood. "You-" Her head snaps up and I look at the doorway, where she's looking. It's Slender.

"Pay the price of blood," she hisses and attacks Slender. He teleports and the shadow fades from the room as she exits the room. I watch, riveted as the shadow covers the entire mansion and the clearing.

She continues to attack Slender, until he teleports behind her and wraps a tentacle around her neck. She grabs the tentacle and it bends, letting go.

I stand still, shocked. What?

She turns around and hisses in a language too quick for me to understand, and Slender answers in the same language.

"Not everything is as it seems," she says, and I barely hear it. After a few seconds, all of the tension leaves her body and her daggers disappear as she collapses, the shadows returning to her. Her form turns back to its original one as she hits the ground.

Slender picks her up and walks into the mansion. Me and Hoodie follow him as he sets her down on the couch.

"Who's she?" I ask.

"She is not human," says Slender.

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Her name is Demon," he says.

"What is she?" I ask.

Slender turns and looks at me. "She is a demon angel."