Chapter 13

Fury was unconventionally angry. He did what he did for S.H.I.E.L.D. and to try and bring the company back to it's best stages. The man was in full rage when he watched over the CCTV clip to see him. The small Latino boy, who's name was Leonardo Valdez. A small boy who escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. for the first time. That was what Fury despised about the boy, he escaped. No one had ever escaped, but the boy did. And Fury still couldn't find out why, how did he do it? 

Of course since his escape, no one else had ever been able to. Then Nico Di Angelo was taken in and experimented on. Was Fury a bad person? He was doing what he did for the right reasons. Or maybe just his reasons, ethical views thrown out of the window. He stared closer, somehow he needed to get close to that Parker boy. The one who turned out to be Spider-man. Why he didn't think to pursue Spider-man? He'd never know, it wasn't like the Avengers were his anymore.

He made up the operation, funded for it, scraped past the judgements that the government gave him. Walked past the mocking and harsh whispers and got the Avengers together. What a magnificent idea it was, they were amazing. But then they had to use there one win to create bigger egos. Ultron was made, Sokovia was destroyed. The Avengers still thinking that they won, but did they really? They didn't win anything, they just cleaned up their mistake. 

Loki was Thor's fault; the Avengers had to take care of it. Ultron was Tony's fault; the Avengers had to take care of it. When real trouble came, they fled... that's why Fury wanted to create a new age of heroes. One that cared about people, helped them, created minimal damage as well. Then there was the whole issue about having no real DNA.

That Di Angelo kid had 50% DNA. When the scientist looked at it, that DNA was completely human, nothing weird or extraordinary about it. The only freaky thing going on with Valdez, Di Angelo and Jackson... was that they all had only 50% DNA. So... the real question had to bagged, where was the other 50%?

Fury sighed, rubbing his head. Already feeling an oncoming head ache. He loved his job, loves S.H.I.E.L.D. even more but sometimes that responsibility really did kill him. The man had tried hard to put the Avengers back in line, he did what he did for the benefit for everyone. 

Then there was the fact that Barton went and employed that Maximoff girl. And Tony'd A.I. created Vision. They weren't a team anymore, they were fraying away from his perfect vision. The one-eyed man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose one hand while the other was clutched tightly into a fist at his side. 

Fury pulled a file from a long time ago. It contained a small child, curly black hair, a cheeky grin plastered over his face and eyes wide and large, trying to take in everything. Fury had watched as the kid's grin slowly opened into cries and screams, the man watched the child's once, bright and curious dull down into nothingness. And he was responsible for it. But it was alright, cause what he was he doing...

It was all for the greater good.