Chapter 14

Nico's Pov

I looked at Leo, who was smiling and talking to Peter. I raised my brow, Peter was blushing and stuttering, looks like someone has a crush. But, on Valdez, I don't see it. "What you thinking about?" Percy asked, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. My hip jutting out as I stared down Percy. He gave me a really-look and I just smirked before sighing and looking at the world. Trying to take in the random strangers around me, cars and cabs driving past me, the wind blowing past my ears and the smell of hot dogs and burrito's wafting into the air. 

I looked at the others and saw that they were staring at me, waiting I guess. "We'll go to Parker's house, then I'll help Percy and Leo back to Camp," I informed the others. Peter nodded and smiled, Leo nodded and turned his attention back to Peter who was looking at the bus schedule. Percy frowned and grabbed my arm, "yes?"

"What do you mean, Leo and I? Aren't you coming to Camp with us?" he asked in a hushed tone. I shook my head and bit the inside of my cheek.

"I'm going to my dad's for a week. Then I'm going to the Camp Jupiter, staying with Hazel, Frank, Jason and Piper." I shook his hand out of my arm and walked over to Peter and Leo. Peter gave me a questioning look but turned back to the bus schedule. 

"I think it'd be easier to take the subway, so should we go?" he smiled. Leo ruffled the boys hair, they were the same height, and grinned.

"Lead the way!" he shouted. Peter blushed and nodded, biting his lip. I smirked and walked quietly behind them. Percy walked beside me, an awkward silence settling over us as we both silently jogged down the steps into the underground subway system. I looked over at Percy, he turned and gave me a small smile. I didn't return it. He brought out his wallet and flicked through a few of the dollars, offering to pay for all of our tickets. 

Peter was waving his hands, his blush making it's way back to his face as he tried to tell Percy that he didn't have to pay for him. I rolled my eyes and pulled a few hundred bucks out of my pocket and setting it on the counter. The lady who was printing out our tickets had widened her eyes. The boys went silent as she took a few of the useless paper and gave me my change. I pocketed the rest of the money and walked away with our tickets. To the trains we go.

Peter's Pov

I looked at Nico, he was a weird kid. But then again, so was Percy and Leo. And to be truly honest, so was I. I gripped the handle above the trains seats and tightened it as the train started to move. Both Percy and Leo fell back, with my spidey-sense I quickly caught Leo. 

He pretended to swoon, "my hero!" he laughed and stood next to me, "thanks."

"You- your- your- your- your wel- welcome." I stuttered, internally cursing at myself. The train moved forward and Leo lifted his hand to grab on the same pipe as me. Our hands were touching and Leo wouldn't stop staring at me. I looked down and burned holes through my shoes. His breathe was against my neck and I shuddered lightly. Leo chuckled softly, I tighten my grip on the pipe. Feeling the metal mould beneath my fingers as my super strength pushed it.

When the train ride had finished up, I ran out of the station, just away from Leo. I looked over at the others to see them follow me, as I made my way back to the apartment. I looked over at my bedroom window to see a figure outside my window. I sighed, I could recognise that jacket any where. "How in the heck?" I ran over to the door and took the stairs, sprinting two at a time. I opened the door, Aunt May, probably at work.

I pulled open my rooms door and groaned out loud, "what a nice welcome visit, kid." Tony Stark smirked and sat on my bed. I turned around to see the others running into the apartment. 

"How did you even get here?" I asked.

"Suit in the brief case, anyway. I'm not done with you guys just yet-"

"Yes, you are. So why don't you leave?" Nico threatened.

"Whoa, no one's doing nothing. My aunt will kill me for already having you here," I said pointing the Leo, "can we just hear out Mr Stark?" I asked.

Nico grunted but nodded. Percy sat on my spinney chair and Leo shuffled around awkwardly by my rooms door. "Leo, shut the door, would you?" Mr Stark ordered. Leo shut the door and I turned back to Mr Stark. "I have a preposition. I'd like to adopt you Percy-"

"WHAT?!?" three people shouted. I looked at Mr Stark as if he'd just lost a screw loose. 

"You're a minor, 17. You can't do anything really about it. And I just so happened to have signed the papers. You're mine now, and as your legal guardian I'm not allowing you to go to any camp." Tony smirked.

"You do realise-" Leo said from behind me. I turned around, we all focused to Leo, "there's all types of legalities and forms and court orders-"

"I'm Tony Stark, Leo. People don't usually want to take up my time. Percy's not going to any camp-"

"You don't understand I have to," Percy stressed. 

"It's true." Nico commented, "we go to the camp because it's made for people with disabilities. Percy, Leo and I all have dyslexia and ADHD... well I have ADD but there's pretty similar." I made an 'o' shape with my mouth. That's why they wanted to go to the camp. Poor them, wonder what it's like having disabilities. 

"I never said you and Leo couldn't go. I'm restricting Percy, I can always get a tutor to help him as well. Since this is all settled, Percy you're coming with me. We're going to live in my house in Malibu. It's actually where the Avengers live-"

"Nico and Leo are joining!" Percy blurted. I didn't think he'd agree to just go with Mr Stark and everything. But with Leo and Nico? Mr Stark just smirked and nodded. 

"Awww, can I go, too?" I asked. I've been scraping my ass off trying to become an avenger, I deserve to go.

"You know what?" Mr Stark mused, "sure kid. I'll need someone to keep an eye out on these three. You guys do understand that when you come to Malibu with me that you'll be tested. Not like Mr Goth over there. More like running, swimming, fighting. Taking brain games, the usual. You're also under a careful watch for three months until you can be trusted not to run away," he informed. I frowned, "not you Parker." I smiled and nodded.

The three boys looked at each other, almost talking telepathically, "okay then." Percy said. "To Malibu."