Star Wars, Invitations and Painful Thoughts

Pairings: Logicality/Prinxiety

Warnings: Physical abuse, emotional manipulation, implications of sexual assault and swearing

Chapter Seventeen: Star Wars, Invitations and Painful Thoughts

"Admit it, babe. You liked it!" Roman was beaming, one arm thrown around Virgil's shoulders as they walked away from the movie theater. Virgil scowled, glaring at the ground but not saying anything, refusing to give his boyfriend what he wanted.

"Come on, you can't lie to me, Hot Topic. Just admit that Star Wars is amazing."

"....It was alright." Virgil had enjoyed the movie more than he thought he would, but there was no way he was letting Princey know that.

"Alright? ALRIGHT??? It was a MASTERPIECE! It was BRILLIANT! How DARE you?!" Roman began to rant, looking thoroughly offended, and Virgil couldn't help the soft laugh that escaped him.

"With surprising ease, Princey. Have you met me?" Roman scoffed and rolled his eyes at Virgil's quip.

"Unfortunately yes. It isn't like you don't have your own obsessions, Mr. Orange Is The New Black." Virgil glared, poking Roman in the side.

"Fuck you, OITNB is gay culture you heathen!"

"You think EVERYTHING is gay culture!!! Yesterday you told me coffee and llamas were gay culture." Roman threw his hands in the air, and Virgil smirked.

"They are!"

"HOW?!"

"I'm partially gay, and I love coffee and llamas. My argument is airtight. Boom." Virgil grinned and fingergunned at him, and Roman snorted, but pulled him into another one-armed embrace.

"I'll give you that, but OITNB is no Star Wars." Roman huffed.

"How the fuck did I ever fall in love with a nerd like you? Honestly, you're an embarrassment." Virgil chuckled and kept walking, but suddenly realized his boyfriend was no longer in step with him. Roman was about two paces behind, frozen in place.

"....Say that again." Roman's voice was breathless, and his green eyes were intense, scrutinizing his face. Virgil frowned, confused.

"You're an embarrassment?"

"Not that! You just said you loved me!" Virgil froze, mentally replaying his words and oh holy shit, yes that is exactly what he'd said. He hadn't really been thinking, and the words had just slipped out, and now Roman was walking towards him with his eyes blazing and oh no, oh shit!

"Virgil?" Roman gently used a finger to tilt Vigil's chin up, forcing their eyes to meet. There was something desperate in his gaze, and as much as Virgil's heart was pounding, as much as he wanted to lie or hide or run....he couldn't do it. Not when Roman looked at him like his entire world started and ended with him.

"I...I love you, Roman." Virgil's voice was soft, tentative, but he felt the shiver that ran up Roman's spine and watched the dazzling smile stretch across his face.

"I have waited my entire life to hear those words from someone who wasn't my family. And I am intensely glad that you are the one to say them. I love you, Virgil." Roman powered a fierce kiss past his lips, and Virgil melted into it, tangling his hands in Roman's hair as his tongue mapped the inside of his mouth. Roman broke the kiss to trail a series of soft, adoring kisses over his cheeks, even dropping one on the tip of Virgil's nose. The grumpy barista rolled his eyes, his cheeks slightly flushed.

"See, what did I say? Embarrassment. Come on, nerd."

"Ah, but I'm YOUR nerd now!"

"Fuck, I hope there's a return policy." Roman's laughter echoed down the street, and Virgil smiled softly. He really hadn't planned this, and a part of him was still mentally facepalming that he'd just blurted it out like that, but seeing Roman this giddy was almost worth the humiliation. Almost.