Parties, Scenes, and Moving Forward

Patton happily bounded up the steps to Logan's house, straightening his tie a little before letting himself in.

"Are you ready, Lo?" Patton called, smiling when he heard a door close upstairs.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Logan replied easily, grinning broadly when his boyfriend froze in place, blue eyes widening in a very satisfying manner before running over him from head to toe. Logan smirked a little, walking up to Patton and watching him stare, obviously speechless. His reaction alone made the price of Logan's new tuxedo absolutely worth it.

"We'd better get going, or we're going to be late, dearest." Logan murmured, absolutely delighted when Patton gave an involuntary whine of protest, his hands twitching with the desire to reach out and touch. "Come on, love. The sooner we go, the sooner we can come home, and you can peel this off of me as fast or slow as you like."

"You can't just say things like that, Logan! Warn a man first!" Patton said, thumping his chest and wheezing a little, but his eyes were sparkling with laughter so Logan knew he was being playful. Being able to play or tease was a whole new experience for him, and he relished every moment of it. And there was definitely something to be said for pushing Patton's buttons a little.

"Ready to take me to an incredibly dull party?" Logan quipped, turning away to head to the front door. He put a sultry sway to his hips, biting back a laugh when his boyfriend made a desperate noise, visibly shook himself, then followed closely behind.

"I'll take you anywhere you like, sweetheart." It was Patton's turn to smirk as Logan missed a step, a light blush coloring his cheeks before he slid into the passenger seat of the car. Patton suppressed his laughter and quickly got into the driver's seat.

"I'm trying to remember the last time I wore a tux." He said, pausing to give himself the pleasure of another long look at Logan before buckling his seat belt. "I think it may have been my wedding to Liz."

"Now that is a shame, considering you wear one so well." Logan replied easily, giving him a small smile.

"Lean over for one second, honeybee." He said, crooking a finger. Logan leaned over the gearshift obligingly, and Patton skimmed his lips over his boyfriend's. "Yup, tastes as good as it looks."

"It absolutely does." Logan smiled, licking his lips and sitting back. Patton sighed happily, then turned away to start the car and get going.

"You know, we could just skip this thing, run off and get hitched. We're dressed for it." He grinned at Logan, laughing out loud when the other man snorted and gave him a sidelong glance.

"Careful how you bat those marriage proposals around, dearest. I might just take you up on it, then where would you be?"

"Married to the most brilliant, gorgeous man I've ever met? Doesn't sound too bad to me." Patton's voice was light, teasing, but there was a thread of seriousness underneath that gave Logan pause.

"I'll certainly keep that in mind, then." Logan replied softly, his heart beating a little faster. Just the thought of spending the rest of his life with this man was enough to set his mind reeling, in a very good way, but he also knew that it was too soon for a real proposal. If anything, this was his surprisingly clever boyfriend's way of letting him know that he was serious about this, and where it was leading. Patton always seemed to know exactly what he needed, soothing worries before he'd even fully acknowledged them.

"I suppose it's only fair to warn you that there may be some friction between myself and some of the other Garden Club members tonight, particularly Dafne and Shelby, though I'm sure there are others." Logan furrowed his brow, staring out the passenger window.