Chapter 1

Third Person's POV:

A little girl at the age of seven decides to explore the woods near her grandmother's cottage. She ventures deep into the woods where she comes across a wolf cub curiously chasing a butterfly. The wolf cub jumps up to try and get it but it falls into a nearby pond, Bella hears the wolf cub whimper as it struggles to swim to shore. Out of instinct she rushes to a fallen branch gesturing for the cub to grab on, once it does she pulls it out of the water, wrapping her coat around it.

She hugs the wolf cub to keep it warm and cautiously puts her hand to the young wolf's nose. It hesitantly sniffs Bella's hand then licks it, confirming permission to let her stroke his ash brown fur. After a while he jumped out of Bella's lap and began running but stopped and gave her a playful pose indicating he wanted her to chase him, so she did. They played all day chasing eachother and insects.

"Do you have a name?" She asked not expecting an answer as they layed on the ground exhausted from play.

The wolf cub turned and faced her then shook his head 'no' as if he could understand her. Bella was a bit surprised he understood her but then said...

"How about... Coby?" She asked seeing as he didn't have a name, she thought; why not I name him?

'Coby' shook his head 'yes' and he was happy his wolf-self finally had a name. Bella's grandmother called her home so she patted Coby's head and said; "Bye Coby, we can be friends and I will visit everyday!" Then she skipped off home.

She visited Coby everyday, and they became good friends; they did the same thing everyday. They would play for a while then Coby would listen to her speak. Although he couldn't reply he held on to every word she said and nodded to respond sometimes. Other days he would just lie in her lap while she stroked his fur and sometimes they would take long naps.

When it was rainy they made a fort (Well, Bella made the fort while Coby collected the wood) either way they were happy. Until one day Bella didn't come to visit, but Coby still waited...
The truth was; Bella was only at her grandmother's for two months then she was forced to leave Coby without saying goodbye...

Coby still waited everyday after though awaiting his friend's return even as he got older he never forgot her. But unfortunately she had forgotten him; he was a forgotten childhood memory along with the others. Until now that is...
_______________________________________
A/N
Vote and Comment if you want, the next chapters will be the characters POV's...

So I hope you enjoyed it!

Byeeeeeeeeeee!!! Xxx