Chapter 2

At the Great Hall, everything started normal.

Ron was stuffing his face with chicken even though it was breakfast while Fred and George were planning on ways of pranking some first year Slytherins.

It was going Great until Ron ate all the chicken and Fred and George decided on the prank.

"Hey" Ron said "I think we should spread the good news."

"What good news?" Fred asked

Hermione was shooting daggers at Ron from across the table, warning him not to say a word.

"Harry and Hermione are going to the Yule Ball together." He answered

"Oh yeah" George said "We heard."

"What? How?" Hermione asked

"Ron's loud. We could hear him talking about it in his dorm to Neville and Dean." George answered

"Ron!" Harry scolded

"Harry this would never had been kept a secret." He said "What did you expect to happen when the whole school sees you entering the Great Hall together?"

"What He means Ronald, is that you probably added false information to the story, leading them to believe we were together." Hermione said matter-of-factly

"I can't help what they take from the story."

"No, but you didn't have to say anything to begin with." Harry said

Fred and George were quiet during the whole conversation. They, however, were leaning in with extreme interest.

"Mate" Fred said to Harry "There's always a chance they didn't believe him. I mean he is quite ignorant."

Ron elbowed him in the gut.

"They did believe me, Harry" Ron said "They definitely did."

"According to who? You?" Harry said "But if you are ignorant then why would they believe you."

Ron got up from the table and walked a few feet down to where Ginny and her friends were sitting. "Ginny you don't think I'm ignorant, do you?" He asked

Ginny tried to contain a laugh. "I mean...yea, honestly." She said "It's not a bad thing. Think of it this way, you are like our owl-confused and a little slow, but we love you nonetheless."

"THAT'S OUR SISTER!!" Fred called from his seat while George was holding his stomach laughing.

"Mum will hear about this." Ron said

"My father will hear about this." Harry mocked while mumbling under his breath

"You're an arrogant git...all of you." He said and then left

***
***

The rest of breakfast was a lot calmer. Fred and George were devising a plan on how to further annoy Ron, while Harry and Hermione had small conversations. 

Then, when breakfast was over, they headed to potions. 

Ron was already there, and Harry and Hermione had been hesitant to sit next to him because they didn't know if he was upset or not.

However as soon as they sat down Ron started to bombard them with questions.

"So I reckon when you two enter the Yule Ball together, people will assume you two are dating." He said "So what will you tell people."

"That we aren't. And that they should mind their own business!" Hermione said

"What about Rita Skeeter? What if she rights an article? What will you do?"

"I shouldn't say." She said opening her potions book

"Class" Snape addressed the students "Open your books to page 394."

"Shocker" Ron  mumbled

"Ten points from Gryffindor." Snape said and the Slytherins smiled at each other.

"Today we will be brewing a more dangerous potion, the smallest mistake may result in big consequences."

Ron glanced nervously at Harry and Hermione, who had looked a bit more pale. After all, if something were to go wrong, it would undoubtedly happen to the three of them.

"I will call you up by table to get the ingredients." He said "Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Crabbe And Mr. Goyle."

It wasn't surprising that the Slytherins were called first, and that out of all people, Harry, Hermione and Ron were last.

"Alright, so what will we be adding to this." Harry asked, nodding at the vile containing a clear liquid.

"Three strands of Unicorns hair." Ron said while reaching for the ingredients

"Wait! That's not—" Hermione called out too late. The clear liquid had turned a dull green and then exploded. Shards of glass from the vile went flying in every direction.

Harry could hear Malfoy and his friends laugh at them, but it had all became background noise when he had suddenly noticed the pain in his eye.

"Harry!" Hermione called. He couldn't see her as vision was extremely blurry, but he knew it was her because of her distinctive voice.

"Harry, I'm taking you to The infirmary! Just stay put!!"

*****