Chapter 14

Harry's POV:

During the middle of the annual welcoming feast, I had to leave the Great Hall I had felt so sick to my stomach. Some of the others said they would try to be back as soon as they could just to keep me company, though I had insisted that I'd be perfectly fine on my own.

Of course they hadn't believed me, though I left anyways hoping they would change their minds once they started eating.

When I walked into the common room, I was surprised to see Hermione sleeping on the sofa. Her hand was loosely wrapped around Hogwarts: A History, so I had just figured she accidentally fell asleep reading it.

I reached for a blanket for her, however once I had placed it on top of her, she had woken up.

"Harry?" She said, still half asleep

"Yeah, Hermione, it's me." I tell her "But I'm feeling rather ill so you should probably keep your distance."

Of course I hadn't expected her to listen, but I hadn't expected her to sit up, and suddenly not be sleepy as soon as I had said it.

"Really?" She asked "Because I was staying here because I hadn't felt well either."

Something about that had struck me as odd. Even though it was very possible that it could have just been a coincidence, coincides like that don't usually happen to the boy who lived.

I looked up at her, wanting to say something, though nothing had come to mind. Luckily, Ron and Ginny (followed by other Gryffindors) made there way through the portrait hole.

"Blimey, Hermione! There you are!" Neville said

"No wonder why Harry left the feast early. He wanted to be alone with you!" Seamus said, laughing

"Actually, Hermione and I aren't feeling well. And that annoying song that the sorting hat keeps singing for the first years is not helping my headache."

Dean tried to hide a smile. "Alright, Harry we believe you." He said with his arms up to surrender

"Neville...are you alright?" Hermione asks, and when I look over I notice he had seemed lost in thought about something.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He answers "It's just that Gran always talked about 'the Skelties'"

Everyone in the room had looked dumbfounded. Even Hermione, which was a first.

"The skelties?" I ask

He nodded. "Yeah. She would talk about how everyone found out she was dating my Grandfather because they both had had the Skelties in their seventh year."

"Why would your Gran and Grandad get sick because they were dating?" Hermione asked

"Well, it's a sort of illness that wizards get by kissing." Neville said " 'Course it doesn't happen every time you kiss someone. Legend has it that you'll only get it by kissing your soul mate."

There were lots of 'oooh's' and laughter after Neville had said that.

"You mean to tell me that neither of you kissed the other before?" Seamus asked

"Of course not you daft git!" Dean said "You only get the Skelties after the first kiss."

Ron had finally spoken up, after being quiet for a long while. "Wait. If this means that Harry and Hermione are soul mates, then why don't they cut to the chase and get married already?"

"Already?" Hermione said, giving him a death glare.

"Ron, we can't—" I started

"I mean think about it." He said "You two have known each other for a good 5-6 years now, and you're both soul mates, so why not?"

"Because, there is going to be a war Ronald!" Hermione said quite agitated "We can't just drop everything and get married with Death Eaters after us!"

I was relieved hearing that that was why Hermione thought we couldn't get married. Not because she didn't like me, or because we were still students at school.

"Room of Requirement?" Ron asked, meaning he wanted to talk to us in private.

And I had a strong feeling, that whether it was okay with us or not, Ron was going to get Hermione and I married.

***
***

A/N:

Skelties is made up...lol. Just think of it as Mono, I only changed it as the whole soul mate thing wasn't something from mono so I made up a fake wizarding version.

Anyway, I never have the story planned but now I have an idea of how I would like it to go and oh my gosh I'm soooo excited bc it should get a lot cuter from here. (Thank god.)

-Liv