Chapter 6

"I've decided I'm going to make sure everyone knows about the two of you." Ron said, leaning back in a chair in the common room

Hermione's cheeks went a light shade of red. "And What is it you mean by that, exactly?" She asked folding her arms across her chest

"People won't want Harry to die if they know he's dating you." Ron said

"Thanks." Mumbled Harry, sarcastically

"Well you know what I mean. It's a mega love story. Everyone routes for a mega love story."

"But it's not really up to the student who win." Hermione said "It's about the champions' talent."

"I know."

"Once again, thank you." Harry said

"Why have you got your knickers in a twist? I'm trying to help you out mate."

"Really?" Harry asked

"Really." Ron confirmed "Look, Neville, Seamus and Dean are coming over."

"Don't you dare." Harry muttered

"Oi, guys, over here!" Ron called "I wanted you to know that my two friends are dating. Harry and Hermione."

"Alright, cool." Dean said, and the three of them continued on with their conversation

"Little gits don't even care." Ron mumbled under his breath "Anyways, Harry. You should plan a trip to hogsmeade with Hermione."

"And what will you do?" Harry asked

"Bloody hell, I hadn't thought about that." Ron said "I could always chaperone."

"Ron, we of all people do not need a chaperone." Hermione said "We chaperone you, not the other way around."

"That's the biggest lie I've heard." Ron said

"And How is that?" Hermione asked

"Third year when I hurt my leg, after Sirius bit me in his animagus form, you two left. You went back into time, while I was in the infirmary. I could've died."

"Okay, first, you do not die of a broken leg." Hermione said "And second, you wouldn't have even realized we were gone, considering you were half asleep when we left."

"Maybe I was half-dead. Maybe I injured more than just my leg." Ron said

"Like you brain." Harry mumbled

"Exactly" Ron said with the joke going right over his head.  But his idea of going to hogsmeade stuck in Harry's head...

***
***

It was early on Saturday morning when Harry first woke up. It had been 6 am and the sun wasn't yet in sight.

He heard footsteps coming from the common room, and immediately he'd known it was Hermione. They had become so close over the years, he started to recognize things like her step pattern.

He grabbed his glasses and went down into the common room. There, he saw Hermione anxiously pacing in circles.

"Are you anxious about something?" He asked taking a seat on the sofa.

"No" she lied taking a seat next to him "I couldn't really sleep, so I figured I'd come down here."

"Well, since I'm up now, there's been something I wanted to tell you..." Harry trailed off anxiously "Would you fancy a walk down by the black lake?"

***
***

After a few minutes of walking, Hermione started to feel that they weren't going to the black lake. In fact she was almost certain because if they were, they'd most likely be there by now.

"Harry, are we still going to the Black Lake?" She asked

"Well, you see, when I said 'Black Lake'...I actually meant the Quidditch patch." Harry said

"Oh are you going to practice? I don't mind watching."

"Hermione, I only got passed the first task because of my flying skills. Flying a broom literally saved my life..."

"No, Harry I know where this is going." She said "I will never get on a broom. Those things are dangerous to someone as uncoordinated as I am."

"I'll be here to help you."

"Alright, alright, I'll get on" she said "But no special moves or tricks."

"Fair enough" He said summoning his firebolt just as he did for the first task.

Hermione got on in front of Harry, so that he could guide her hands for steering. She was incredibly nervous to begin with and being this close to Harry was not helping.

"I'm going to kick off, which is probably the most frightening part if you're not used to it." Harry said

"Alright on 3" Hermione said, taking a deep breath "1...2–"

Harry quickly kicked off the ground at 2. It took Hermione by surprise, however she had to admit it was probably better that he didn't wait until 3.

"Okay, now I want you to guide the broom to your left, just a little."

Instead of the slight turn Harry was expecting, they took a sharp left, but Harry took over and started steering until they were on the ground.

"Harry!" Hermione called once she got her feet on the ground.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He said

"No, it's not that..." she said and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Thank you" she whispered in his ear.

Harry wasn't sure where he would end up at n the future. He hadn't given much thought of it, because never really seemed to be a more positive thing to think about. But in this moment, with Hermione, he knew that he wanted her in it.

***
***

A/N:
I feel sooooo bad for not updating sooner, but I didn't have a laptop and had to figure something else out. I now write on the app with my phone so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
I am honestly so overwhelmed with the comments on this, I had no idea it was so popular until I got the app just recently. I love seeing how you guys react to the story and share your thoughts. It honestly makes my day, so thank you SO much.
And one thing I wanted to add was Harry and Hermione's relationship will be going 'slow' considering their 14. I'm not saying they won't kiss or anything, just that their not going to be sleeping together yet 😂😂.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING and I'll try and update again in a week or so.
—Liv