Chapter 15

Hermione's POV:

I wasn't happy about following Ron to the room of Requirement. But since Harry was going, I decided I'd go too.

Honestly, out of all the stupid ideas Ron has had, I have to admit this one had kind of made sense. I mean, why would Harry and I date when we know that we were going to end up together anyways? It honestly didn't make any sense.

Once we reached the Room of Requirement, Harry and I had sat down on a couch that had magically appeared while Ron stood in front of us and talked.

"Before you two say anything I want to say something first." Ron said "Fred and George had made this sort of invention that would let you eavesdrop on conversation."

"We know Ron." I said

"Oh right." He said "But anyways the point is that I was able to eavesdrop on Dumbledore."

"WHAT?!" I yelled in disbelief

"What did he say?" Harry said, who obviously didn't see what was wrong about eavesdropping on the headmaster, or he had chosen to ignore it.

"He's going to send you on a hunt for horcruxes. You know who's horcruxes." He repeated "Now, it doesn't take a genius to realize that that's not going to be an easy task...You're always stronger with Hermione at your side, and—"

"Ron, she can be at my side without being married to me." Harry cut him off "Besides, if word got out that she was married to me-which it's most likely going to-then that only puts Hermione in more danger."

There was a long silence before anyone said anything. Then, Ron let out a sigh.

"I didn't want to bring this up, but this could be the end. Not only of our lives, but of everyone's. For all we know, Voldemort will destroy the planet trying to get what he wants." He paused "And, I know that if I were given the chance to marry the person I love when the future is not certain...I would take it."

I glanced over at Harry, who was keeping his head low, without saying anything. So that left it up to me to say something.

"You have a point, Ron." I say and then turn towards Harry who was suddenly paying attention to the conversation "I understand if this is too much for you, but all I'm saying is Ron has a point."

Harry was silent for a few seconds, which had seemed like hours. I was worried he wouldn't want to marry me, and I mean I couldn't blame him we only shared a kiss and—

"I think Ron has a point, too." He spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. "And since you two are agreeing on something...that definitely speaks for itself."

Ron smirked. "So is this it?" He said "Are you two really getting married?"

"Well not here." I said, causing Harry to laugh

"Oh, why of course not!" Ron said "The bloke hasn't even proposed yet!" He nudged Harry

"Ron I can't! I mean I don't even have a ring and-" he started but Ron grabbed him by his tie, and forced him onto one knee. "Figure something out." He said

My heart was racing, I was really getting proposed too, and by none other than the boy who lived. Harry. My Harry. Which meant I'd be Mrs. Hermione Potter.

Finally, Harry got up the nerve to say something. "Hermione Jean Granger...will you-er-marry me, I guess?"

I laughed and nodded my head vigorously. "Yes, of course I'll marry you!"

He smiled and took my hand and covered it with his. As he pulled his hand away, a simple wedding band was left over my ring finger.

I laughed. "It's beautiful Harry, but it goes on the left hand, not the right."

Ron scoffed. "You can tell she's been waiting for this for a while."

Harry and I both laughed. If I wasn't just proposed to, however, I probably would've hexed him for a snide remark like that.

I looked up at Harry, and as our eyes met we had both leaned in to kiss the other. Though, we were rudely interrupted by Ron 'clearing his throat'.

"I'm still here, lovebirds." He teased "Don't get ahead of yourselves."

This time, neither Harry or I could laugh at the joke, as we both had realized the seriousness of what was going to happen.

"So...this is it?" I said "We're leaving Hogwarts?"

Harry nodded and put his arm around me. "We'll have to start our hunt for horcruxes if we want to make sure we'll get them all."

Ron smiled. "Well, we're in no rush!" He said "The two of you can get married first!"

I laughed. "Ron, as much as I'd love to get married now...I just can't." I admitted "I could never get married without letting my parents know."

"Well, they live in Britain, don't they?" Ron said "We could always visit them and that way Harry could ask for their blessing or whatever."

Harry glanced over at me and I nodded.

"Alright." I said "Looks like we'll be visiting my mum and dad, then."