Chapter 16

Harry's POV:

I had finished packing the rest of my belongings, so I had decided to help Hermione finish.

"Hermione?" I said, knocking on her door. "Are you alright? Do you need help?"

She opened the door and stepped aside to let me in. "Yes, I actually could use the help." She said "My roommates will be back soon and we should probably leave before any other Gryffindors return."

I nodded. "Makes sense." I said. "But only if you're certain about this."

Hermione gave me a puzzled look. "What do you mean?" She said "Of course I'm certain about marrying you."

I sighed. "But you do realize how dangerous this'll be, right? I mean the death eaters will attack you just to get to me." I explained

"They would do that whether I was married to you or not." She said, taking my hand. "But if you don't want to get married just tell me."

Upon hearing those words, I had automatically pulled her in for a hug. "Of course I want to marry you, Hermione." I said "I would just hate to be the cause of you getting hurt."

"You won't." She said. "You could never be."

Before I even had time to say something back, Ron barged in.

"The others are coming." He said "We need to go. Now."

He took my hand, and I took Hermione's.

"Dumbledore has granted the three of us permission to apparate out the castle." He said "We'll apparate to Hermione's mum's house to start."

Hermione nodded. "Okay." She said and then said her address, and we had all arrived there in a matter of seconds.

We were outside of a small, cozy looking house and since Hermione's parents were muggles, I had assumed that this was a muggle neighborhood. I mentally kicked myself for not realizing that apparating out here in the open wasn't such a good idea.

"...Should we knock?" Ron said after a long silence, though Hermione stayed silent.

"No, we should just barge in." I say sarcastically "Or maybe will apparate in and give them a bigger scare."

"Git." He muttered under his breath and right after the front door opened.

"Hermione!" A woman said who I could only assume was her mother. She had Hermione's large brown eyes and hair.

Her father stood next to her mother, though he hadn't seemed to thrilled to see his daughter suddenly home from school with two boys at her side.

"Mum, Dad. This is Harry and Ron." She said introducing us "Their friends from school."

Ron smiled and stuck out his hand. "Pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Granger." he said. Normally, I would have done the same, but I was to anxious to do anything.

"I don't suppose you could tell me why you and your two friends have payed a visit when you should be at school." Her father asked

I answered for Hermione as she seemed to nervous to actually respond and I knew that staying completely silent wouldn't make the best first impression on them.

"Actually sir, there is something we want to discuss with you." I said as politely as I could "May we come in?"

***
***

We were all seated in the living room, where Mrs Granger had brought out tea while we talked, though none of the five of us had touched our cups.

"So, Hermione..." Her mother started "What made you decide for the urgent visit, hmm?"

I knew that this wasn't going to end well, but I certainly didn't expect it to go the way it did. 

Hermione had been rather straight forward on telling her parents that she had agreed to accompany me on a dangerous quest which would be quite some time. She said she might return even years later, if even at all.

As expected, Hermione's parents hadn't taken to this very well. They hadn't understand, though Hermione insisted that she couldn't say any more than she already had. Her parents were still very hesitant on letting her leave, so Hermione cast a sort of charm to alter their memories.

The next thing I know, Mr and Mrs Granger are thanking us for buying their house so they can finally move to Australia.

Hermione ran up to what I was assuming had been her room. I knew it must have been hard for her to be talked to her by her parents as if they were strangers. 

I nodded. "No problem, Mr...." I trailed off not knowing what their new names were

"Williams." He said "And could you please make sure your friend is alright." He said nodding towards the steps which Hermione had just ran up "I hope we didn't say anything to upset her." 

"No, No." I said shaking my head "She just really wanted to see her new room."

They both nodded. 

"Well, thanks again." Mrs. Granger said and then she took her husbands hand and left the house.

For all I know that might have been the last we'd seen of the Grangers...